Do you make music? Share it here!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jonmayo15, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Front 242 Addict likes this.
  2. Front 242 Addict

Front 242 Addict I Love Physical format for my listening pleasure

3. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

4. Front 242 Addict

Pericles likes this.
  5. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Well thanks
    That is not too many miles away from the imagery I had in mind. Gangs of New York was a title stolen & influenced by the excellent movie.

Front 242 Addict likes this.
  6. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

7. Front 242 Addict

This is one of the beautiful things in music , it can take each one to a different place :)

8. Front 242 Addict

Very beautiful music. the vocals and the musical instruments create fascinating atmosphere.
    I like the Melancholic atmosphere of the song.

scott palmiter likes this.
  9. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I have made some progress on my album. I have two instrumental demos of songs that are completely done, and I'll be recording vocals hopefully sometime during the week.

I've decided that, once the album is done, I'm going to release it in both stereo and mono. That way, the incredibly small subset of "people who prefer to have a choice between stereo and mono" and "people who will ever hear this album in their lifetime" will have an enjoyable listening experience, and the even smaller subset of those people who will actually end up liking the album will be our number-one fans. Venn diagrams are fun. :D

I'm mixing and mastering the instrumental demos of the two songs in both stereo and mono as well. This has been a wonderful experience in that I have learned how difficult it actually is to master stuff in mono. I will never again take mono mastering engineers for granted. I might post the links here when they're done, I might not. So, sorry I still can't contribute to the thread, but... well, believe me, I'd like to!

:hide:

scott palmiter likes this.
  10. InStepWithTheStars

Minor update on this - after six and a half fruitless hours, I've come to the conclusion that I am just utterly incapable of singing these songs. So I won't have anything to post after all.

11. InStepWithTheStars

This isn't really me, per se, although I did play the harmonica and perform 25% of the handclaps on it, but I did record, mix, master, engineer, and produce this song for my friends. No digital compression, of course. ;) Because YouTube is such a flawless software, there are a bunch of warbly bits especially near the beginning (I don't know if you'd call them dropouts or not, I'm not overly familiar with advanced audio terminology yet) but I'm really proud of the mix. A shameless plug for my friends (and for my mix) but I'm proud of the way it turned out. Oh, it's acoustic, harmony-based pop-rock, for those who want an idea of what to expect.

The real mix is seamless, trust me, all the audio issues are because of YouTube

12. TyphoonTip

TyphoonTip Forum Resident

I've been out of the game for a long while due to some health issues. But after a ridiculously looong break, this is first toe/foot/leg/body in the water...

13. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

14. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

TyphoonTip likes this.
  15. TyphoonTip

TyphoonTip Forum Resident

Further to the song I posted earlier, I decided to post a few other (older) tracks.

Be interested to get some thoughts....

Tim Kranz »

16. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I play the air guitar. I'm working on a cover version of John & Yoko's "Two Minutes Silence".

17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Well, if it's as good as yer cover of "Nutopian International Anthem"...

the sands likes this.
  18. Jason Smith

Jason Smith Senior Member

19. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Written by Matthew & Rhett

Track produced by Byron & Rhett

Recorded in the basement using a Yamaha MT8X recorder and a Sony A7 DAT recorder/player.

Ravenhearst was a 'basement' band from Cedar Rapids, Iowa circa 1993 - 1995.

The band's focus was on writing and recording original material with the ultimate goal of being 'discovered' one day.

Ravenhearst was a guitar based band with a style more a kin to a 'classic rock' type genre than that of their contemporaries of the early to mid 1990's.

Matthew (vocals)

Rhett (electric & acoustic guitar, keys, harmonica, percussion, vocals & background vocals)

Jeff (bass, percussion, background vocals)

Byron (electric guitar, bass, percussion, keys, drum programs, background vocals)

Bill (drums)

Casey K. (keys)

20. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

21. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

This song was originally a longer instrumental track with more orchestration. I played it for my friend David and he came up with a vocal line and we tracked it in an afternoon, including 7 separate tracks for the chorus bit in the second half.

I welcome feedback on the mix. I'm still learning how to use EQ, compression and so on.

No video, just one image throughout the song.

It's a rocker so crank it up a bit. ;)

Gary likes this.
  22. medium Rob

medium Rob Forum Resident

23. batmundo

batmundo Forum Resident

Well, so I made this sort of dual concept album that I finally put out a month or so ago - all written, recorded, and mixed at home over the last few years (mastering by Dave Cooley). Here are a couple tracks to start with:

Batmundo - Disaster Area »

For anyone else that's interested in the rest, one of these links should hopefully work out for you!

Phenomenologika »
    Phenomenologika by Batmundo on Apple Music »
    Phenomenologika »

Given how long the whole thing took, partway through I had decided I would never do another concept album again. Yet...I've already started working on new stuff, and of course it turns out it's going to be another concept album. : P

Oh yeah, also I made a website for the whole thing, which kind of turned into its own side parody project or something. No legitimate information here. Visit at your own risk...

www.batmundo.com

Front 242 Addict and Mother like this.
  24. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

MungoMusic likes this.
  25. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Mother likes this.