Do you pay for Insurance/Tracking when buying from overseas

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Tgreg, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tgreg

Tgreg Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello all,

Pardon me; I'm sure this question has been asked, but can't find. I'm buying from a reputable person that I trust, from London. I trust him, not so much the mail system. Just curious of the consensus when buying overseas. Do you all buy/purchase insurance when purchasing an item? I'm buying a 45.

Thanks,

2. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Tracking yes, insurance no. I would only do insurance if spending a lot , say over $500.

3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

It's the seller's responsibility to see that the package gets to its destination. If it doesn't, the seller should refund in full and pursue a claim with his insurance if he bought it. Any seller who says something like "When I hand it to the PO my job is done, the buyer must buy insurance or be prepared to take a loss" should be avoided.

Dave Garrett likes this.
  4. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

Depends on the value or rarity. Sadly most packages that fail to arrive are likely being stolen by bad apples in your domestic carrier, responsible for the “last mile”. They won’t risk being caught by stealing a package with tracking, so it does make a difference. Fortunately there are very few bad apples out there, but even so...

5. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Normally, no, I don't pay extra for insurance unless it's and item over $100. Then, too, it depends on the additional cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.