Do You Use More Than One TT? If So, Why?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dominick, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I have since sold off my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and I still have my Bang & Olufsen RX2 with an MMC5 cartridge as my secondary/backup turntable.

2. Jelloalien

Jelloalien Stylus Genie

I have a RX2 as well, but sadly no cartridge/stylus.
    The one it came with was bent vertically (ie/ broken) so the owner gave me the whole unit for free. I did manage to find another with the stylus intact....but upon trying it out it quickly became apparent that the suspension was shot. booooooo

I'd love to find a cartridge/stylus for it one day....and not pay an arm and a leg :D

3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

No kidding about these MMC cartridges costing an arm and a leg! Someday, I might get a rebuilt Soundsmith cartridge or maybe a used MMC. I only paid $83 last year for that turntable, along with the Nakamichi TA-2A and CDP-2A for a grand total of $250, which they were serviced sometime ago. I must say that the RX2 is one very interesting turntable with its really awesome suspension system and I found it to be decent sounding enough, which helped me learn how stylus shapes affect my records (some are noisy on my Ortofon 2M Bronze while any cartridge with an elliptical has a lot less noise, etc.)

Jelloalien likes this.
  4. Jelloalien

Jelloalien Stylus Genie

In all honesty every time i see one of these tables all i can think of is that it looks like a hot-plate! haha
    I almost sold it once for $50 but decided i'll never find one again so its worth hanging onto until a cartridges finds its way to me. I do like the look of it :) but sadly i've yet to hear it

5. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Yep. One hooked up w/mono cart, (sl1200) and the other, (Oracle Origine) for all else.

6. nwdavis1

nwdavis1 Forum Resident

Yes, because they are in two different rooms.

If I had a 3rd it would be fitted with a Mono cart and placed in the main system.

7. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Turntable 1: Modded Technics SL1200MKII/AT150Mlx>Sansui 2000X>Grado SR325is cans = late night listening to stereo LPs.
    Turntable 2: Stock Technics SL1200MKII/Ortofon Concorde>Pioneer SX-880>JBL L19s = Everyday listening stereo vinyl. I also have a conical AT70 for special mono records such as my recent Stones scores!
    Turntable 3: Technics SL-QD3>AT3482P>Lafayette LR-9090>Cheap SONY garage sale speakers = Mono vinyl playback.
    Turntable 4: Audiotronics 304A suitcase record player = 16 & 78rpm.

All in the same room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.