Doctor Who - Series Ten (10)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thrillsville, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I don't see it as pointless because it's the lead-in to the next story.

2. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Yes, I understand that is the premise, but it seems to me like they were one episode short for the series, so they came up with this on the fly.

3. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

No, that one is usually saved for episode 10 or 11. It was nowhere near as bad as that gadawful found footage episode last season.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, viewed as a standalone episode perhaps, but this is the first installment of a three ep story, so we'll see how it pans out over the next two eps.

I was really getting a bad vibe early on with the pope stuff. I thought this would a The Da Vinci Code type episode. But then it morphed into a The Matrix hybrid, which actually made it more interesting.

While I don't care for the Missy stuff at all, I did like the fact that the episode was slower, more considered than the usual ADHD stuff. This makes sense when viewed in the context of a three parter, which also harks back to oldWho in structure.

Also, the more I see of Pearl Mackie's Bill, the more I like her. She's smart, quick on her feet, questions what she doesn't understand and feels very genuine.

eddiel and andybeau like this.
  5. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

The problem for me is that it was all very anti-climatic - For a part 1 of a 3 part story, it didn't particularly make me interested in watching part 2. I will, of course, but I would have anyway.

6. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Tom Baker rules![​IMG] With Ramana, and K-9, I wonder if the doctor and Ramana know that, that robot isn't k-9? LOL!:righton:

andybeau likes this.
  7. hayden10538

hayden10538 Well-Known Member

I think you mean Romana! :righton:

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  8. hayden10538

hayden10538 Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that the Pope in Extremis was Rocco, the guy who sang Bohemian Rhapsody with Wilf in David Tennant's 4th season ep Turn Left. I thought I recognised him when I saw him!

9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I didn't (mainly because I think that Series 4 is by far the worst of the lot and rarely ever revisit it). I haven't seen Turn Left since its original airing and consider it to be everything that tkl7 thinks about "Extremis". It isn't too surpising though as a lot of bit players have played multiple roles on DOCTOR WHO.

10. Johnny Rocker

Sorry bro, my Southern heritage is a showin', still, she was one hot filly, and purty smart to boot! I hear tell she married Mr. Baker, for a year, not bad, Holly weird marriages don't even last that long. lol:biglaugh:[​IMG]

11. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

Yeah I spotted him too.

12. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I'm thinking it could be his Granddaughter Susan. Does that make any sense? Either that or it's another tomb of Cybermen, and the last of the Thunderbirds ice-lollies set to increase in value over time. :agree:

13. Johnny Rocker

Dr. Who rules![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

andybeau likes this.
  14. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I am enjoying this season quite a bit

andybeau and Johnny Rocker like this.
  15. Johnny Rocker

Is that a time lord fish? :D

fishcane likes this.
  16. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Lalla is now married to famous scientist Richard Dawkins. She sometimes shows up on his audiobooks, reading passages. She also has read some DW audiobooks, like Shada.

I could happily listen to her talk for hours.

17. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Lalla was also working as an artist. I remember some really neat calendar with her embroidery work, but saw it after it would have been at all useful for non-galifreyan me. Definitely one of the smarter companions of the original run like Ace (as opposed to Peri or Mel). Wouldn't it be fun to have her in a cameo in the new show? Or maybe they have, there is the odd one I've somehow missed.

Johnny Rocker and Scopitone like this.
  18. Scopitone

She has not appeared on NuWho. But Lalla does record Big Finish audioplays. So she hasn't said goodbye to that aspect of her life. Maybe we'll get her one day. I would love it.

I still wish they could find a way to cameo Chesterton before he dies, especially this year with all the Susan references. I had thought Clara's teaching at Coal Hill School would have been perfect for such an appearance.

Johnny Rocker, beccabear67 and Shawn like this.
  19. Thrillsville

Thrillsville Forum Resident Thread Starter

20. Scopitone

andybeau likes this.
  21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Probably the best episode of the Capaldi years. Intelligent script with lots of explosions. Can't wait for next week's ep.

Isaac K. likes this.
  22. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

Just watched dangerous liaisons after a long time. After a little bit this man servant character comes on and my brain is thinking wait I've seen this guy who is he. He sounds so familiar.
    Finally clicking oh wait omg it's the doctor!

23. Johnny Rocker

Cheers to Lalla Ward.:)[​IMG] :-popcorn:

24. Johnny Rocker

There is a truly good nature about her, while Tom Baker is messing around with monsters and dimensional portals, she takes the edge off of his craziness. Jelly babies anyone?:cool:

25. It was amazingly disjointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.