Does Anybody Know When (If?) "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" Is Broadcast This Year?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mark, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

They totally butchered it, all for the sake of advertising. Why bother airing it like this? It's a shame that even on the 50th anniversary of this program, they got greedy.

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

If you subscribe to their streaming plan, Netflix has it uncut.

Ken_McAlinden likes this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, man! I would've clicked off immediately if I had seen that. That was a big Broadway number, and has the only "nearsighted" jokes in the whole show.

4. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

I did turn it off. I was hoping they'd mention it was the 50th anniversary and and show it complete with limited commercials. Silly me...

5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Yeah, I watched most of it, and I couldn't believe (!!!) the hatchet job NBC did on this one. Unbelievable. My wife had never seen it before, and I can't say she was impressed by what NBC gave her tonight.

Matt

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

For some reason it is paired with The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo: Mr. Magoo's Rip Van Winkle at Netflix, so the whole program runs 77 minutes.

7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

When I remembered it was on, at 8:01 I went in and put the TV on to NBC and saw a beautiful over-the-air HD picture, but it had already progressed to the scene in Scrooge's office where he had blown off the charity collectors, so I knew they'd hacked it to death. I'm glad I bought the excellent Blu-ray.

Harry

8. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol returns to WPIX Channel 11 in New York tonight at 8.
    This is the channel I watched in on as a kid growing up on Long Island. :)

9. Steve D.

Steve D. Forum Resident

Steve H. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol airs tonight, Christmas Eve, at 8:00 pm on KTLA channel 5 here in Los Angeles.

10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

It's airing tonight on the CW network. 8 Eastern/7 Central.

forthlin and mmars982 like this.
  11. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

And tomorrow is the Yule Log from 9AM to 1PM followed by Laurel and Hardy's "Babes in Toyland". Some Christmas traditions still live!

vinnie likes this.
  12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Agree. I just saw this the other day and was stunned at how good it looked - the DVD is crap by comparison.

You can get "Magoo's" and a bunch of other specials on a two-disc Blu-ray for $15 at Amazon - that's a frickin' steal!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00XZF39Z0

mmars982 likes this.
  13. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

Unfortunately, they also hacked out the opening sequence and "Back on Broadway" song. Ugh.
    Oh well, still have the DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.