Dogs and vinyl

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Benzion, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

ahhh reminds me of this release, way back in my memories:

qwerty likes this.
  2. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

and who doesn't love this guy?
    [​IMG]

3. G E

G E Senior Member

My dog, RIP, was fond of Janis Joplin.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

How did he show it?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  5. G E

G E Senior Member

He more or less remained still and looked ahead. Weimeraners do not do this unless food is involved. Usually one song and the back to the usual. He never displayed this behavior for any other artist.

juno6000 likes this.
  6. Ron Scubadiver

Ron Scubadiver Forum Resident

Dogs like music because they can't read.

KT88 likes this.
  7. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

I found this CD once for free. It's called howling wolves, or something like that. It starts with the sound of a distant thunder storm and faintly howling wolves in the distance. Then the rain sounds gets a little louder and the distant thunder rumbles grow a bit louder too. Then the wolf howling gets louder and it sounds like they are approaching.

Having said that, my wife and I thought it would be cute to teach our little guy to howl. He is a 6 year old brindle chihuahua who loves big dogs. We rescued him from someone who just kept him in a cage all day and night. His owner before was okay, but she gave him away because she does at home daycare and some parents had issues with a dog. Thankfully cage-lady only had him for about a month. He will howl with us if my wife starts it up. So I was like Hey Hon! Look what I found! Maybe he will howl with the wolves!

Well, he looked nervous because he hates thunder anyway. He doesn't like rain because he is short-haired. He also started pricking up his ears when the wolves started. Kind of looking around. When they sounded like they were getting closer he high tailed it to the bowels of the closet in the bedroom. He wouldn't come out for about an hour or so afterward.

Amyway, whenever he does something he shouldn't I ask my wife if I should put on the "Punishment CD" LOL. I really wouldn't do that. I just think its funny to say it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    SandAndGlass and andybeau like this.
  8. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

You should all get your dogs a copy of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's, theres an 18 khz note redcorded at the end of A day In The Life just for dogs!

9. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

DOGS RULE FOR SURE. cats are ok, but they won't protect you, or let you know if theres an intruder, or someone looking into your window like a good dog will.

as mentioned about the digital theory, its t rue.

My dogs stay in the room, when i play a LP to cd recording, or even a regular LP on my TT.

I switch to a cd, or my iPod, and after a couple minutes, they slowly get up, and meander to the other room to lay down. strange.

analog is much more relaxing, no matter what is playing.
    Motorhead, Holy Moses, Bathory, Satan Jokers, Zoetrope, Napalm Death, name it, they stay at my feet when the turntable is spinning.

dogs are wicked! unrelenting attention and trust. I only pour filtered water fpor them, or bottled, and top no grain food,.
    Years ago, when they were younger, their hair was falling out, dry, flaky, stinky furr.
    After 4 months on bottled water, and the good food, complete reversal, shiny furr, no scratching, no flaking, happier, eyes brighter.

It is the lovely tap water pour sh*** town allows us to drink/cook with. which is why we ONLY cook and drink bottled or filtered water. i hate even bathing in the water we have,/

i leave water in the birdbath for a couple days, and its stained solid red/copper color from all the fluoride/chlorine, and other healthy chemicals our city allows us to consume.

Spsesq and juno6000 like this.
  10. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

My old style Siamese cat was very protective in his younger days. In his prime he was 16 pounds of muscle. Now he's 16.5 and sleeps most of the time. He once trapped a workman on a ladder and I was literally called to come home from work by the apartment complex so the guy could leave. He also chased away a date once. I took that as probably for the best since she called him a creepy lurking cat. He sat on my lap and growled at her the whole time. He probably saved me a lot of trouble down the road.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  11. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

hahaha, thats awesome !!

12. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Was he normally a sweet cat? Siamese are the best in the world, in my book.

juno6000 likes this.
  13. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

Super sweet. Friendly to people in general. He is definitely not the run and hide type. But he was never aggressive like that. He and the dog are best buds. Siamese cats are notorious for getting along with dogs. Actually, they are a very dog-like cat in many ways. At least the old style "appleheads" and "classic" styles.

14. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

I think animals are good judges of character. There is an apartment we pass on his walk and he always runs up and growls and barks at the door. No idea why. Then after months of this daily occurrence, we were out on his evening walk and this woman is walking down the street ahead of us. He took off after her growling, barking, following her across the street. My wife was like "what's up with him?" Then she went into the apartment he hates. We both said...oh, that it explains it. Its HER, not the door.

15. Combination

Most of the time, yeah. Though I do feel there are some that just hate everybody. :p

juno6000 likes this.
  16. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

17. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

18. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

Dogs like music?

I believe it......

juno6000 likes this.
  19. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident Thread Starter

20. Andy Boyd

Andy Boyd Forum Resident

My cat likes Harold Budd, and much prefers vinyl to CDs.

juno6000 likes this.
  21. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

Im going to do vinyl vs Cd test today.

22. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

I had a cat that hated Led Zeppelin but loved everything else....a bit of a deadhead he was>:rolleyes: and a jazz cat

sean

23. Spsesq

Spsesq Forum Resident

Without any scientific proof...As we all know a dog's hearing is so much more sensitive than ours, I think it has to do with frequency of analog v. digital.
    I think with my dog's hearing sensitivity, it is more soothing listening to analog while the digital is either too annoying or otherwise unpleasant at the higher frequencies.
    I'd like to hear from some sound engineering types on that.
    Steve

juno6000 likes this.
  24. Combination

I had a girlfriend for many years who had a male applehead, and I just adored that cat so much. I mean, I'm allergic, and I still say that!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    juno6000 likes this.
  25. juno6000

juno6000 Forum Resident

They are the most amazing cats! And they are long lived. I love how he talks. I've been on the phone with people who have said"oh! I should let you go! Your little one needs you" I guess it sounds like a baby on the other end. His vowel sounds never cease to amaze me. He runs around the house saying babbu wabbu. Or maw! Maw! Maw maw! Wamma babba wamma babba! Mommu Mommu! He's going on 17 and is still very active, though he sleeps most of the day while we are at work.

qwerty and Benzion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.