Dolenz-Nesmith Tour In 2018!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby with a dollar

Bobby with a dollar Forum Resident

And $127.60 non VIP tickets in Philly as reported in an earlier post. Looks like the powers that be are taking Monkees fans for granted, like we will pay ANY price they want to charge us to see these guys again. I would like to see them sell lots of tickets and add a 2nd leg but I get the feeling it might not happen this time around, they are pricing us lower middle class folks out of the concert market. Just the opinion of a poor guy that would like to catch a show this summer

2. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The Chicago VIP tickets were $348.00 each after all fees.

3. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

Imho - I'm thinking Jody is saying this to boost ticket sales. I met Jodi at the Newark NJ Monkees concert 2014, I was with my kids 8 & 9 ..she remarked (I'm paraphrasing) she wished there were more young people in attendance. I don't know yet but the way ticket availability was this morning - I'm betting The Beacon is sold out by now..or by Friday when it's open to the general public. As you mentioned earlier age may play a factor too at some point.

Hep Alien likes this.
  4. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

$350, before fees, for Cleveland...

D-rock likes this.
  5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Actually, I realized I made an error; the tickets came to $351.25 each after fees.

6. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

Salesman
    While I Cry
    Love Is Only Sleeping
    P.O. box 9847

Hep Alien, MarkTheShark and marmalade like this.
  7. super sally

super sally Forum Resident

My experience with pre-sales is that sometimes some seats are purposefully marked unavailable and then opened up when the general sale begins. Not saying that's happening here-- just saying it's happened before.
    Also, any VIP seats that aren't sold will be turned into standard admission prices closer to the show date.

marmalade likes this.
  8. super sally

I don't think the setlist is going to get too crazy. But I definitely think Auntie's is in the cards.

I remember Peter saying he used to want to do Salesman on the last few tours but I guess that's a moot point.

I do hope they just stick to Monkees songs though.

My wildcard prediction: "Don't Wait for Me"--- and then it will be dropped after a few shows for "Some of Shelly's Blues."

Hep Alien, D-rock and marmalade like this.
  9. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

in the last few years of Monkees (and related tours / recordings) ... the most positive thing has been Andrew's involvement ...the most negative thing is Jodi's cash-grab influence

10. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

Salesman would be cool. If you go on YouTube and listen to their 2013 Colorado concert there’s a part when Mike during some between songs banter does the “gets so high,” part

Hep Alien, cwitt1980 and marmalade like this.
  11. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

Nice! I got in the fourth row in Chicago.

I believe the tour books for 2016 were given to the VIP attendees signed, so I would imagine that will be the routine here. I will be happy to be surprised and wrong!

D-rock and j_rocker like this.
  12. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

There are many less interesting acts charging a lot more money to see them in much larger venues. Hopefully prices will make it relatively easy to get tix without going to secondary market where they would cost even more.

13. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Just snagged two third row seats for the show in Huber Heights, OH near Dayton at the pre-sale. They were only $52.00 each which is a decent price for being so near the stage. Very pleased!

14. super sally

that's extremely reasonable for a concert these days. that's great!

BeatleStair likes this.
  15. BeatleStair

I know. And I saw that some of the expensive VIP seats are still being sold BEHIND mine but they do include the soundcheck and signed book. Still very pleased with these tickets.

I guess the tickets in Chicago were way more expensive yikes.

16. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I missed the pre-sale! I have a VIP Cleveland ticket but I thought if I could get up close ticket for Huber Heights I'd give it a shot. I'll try tomorrow when they go on sale to the public. What row did you end up getting?

17. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

Your opinion is just fine. Nez NAILED 'The Prison". Wow!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Hep Alien and D-rock like this.
  18. pablo fanques

I grabbed two down low at The Beacon just in case

JuanTCB, Hep Alien and marmalade like this.
  19. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I really, really, REALLY hope this comes to the UK.

pablo fanques likes this.
  20. pablo fanques

Oh we're getting Auntie's alright. and maybe if Coco is up to it, Shorty Blackwell and Midnight Train too. I know Shorty is far from a forum favorite but we have three cats and 'get it'

905, Hep Alien and marmalade like this.
  21. pablo fanques

Nice! I nabbed Orchestra Row V, seats 10-12. I met Fred Armisen last time I saw them at The Beacon. I have to believe he'll be there for this. Nez played his father on Portlandia after all

marmalade likes this.
  22. BeatleStair

I got row C in the PIT

pablo fanques and D-rock like this.
  23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Wow that was a pleasant ticketing experience. Got 3 seats for my daughters and I at the Count Basie in the front row of the upper balcony (front of any section is ideal for 11 year olds so they won't be right behind a tall head) for only $40 + $6.50 each. Ticket prices and service charges like these make me feel like I stepped into a souped up DeLorean and landed 25 years ago.

Hep Alien and marmalade like this.
  24. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

...Maybe .. I know I'm going out there a bit - Micky going into Davy's unfinished "A Girl named love" out of a space jam..

Boognish and Hep Alien like this.
  25. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I wouldn't get too excited over left-field song choices and I don't think it will stray too far from the handful of Dolenz/Nesmith shows they did in 2016. However, I do think that this may be the best shot yet at getting "Auntie's".

Grand_Ennui and Hep Alien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.