Dolenz-Nesmith Tour In 2018!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Just to avoid any potential confusion, that's a fan account. He's @Videoranch3D , though here's hoping there won't be any more breaking news from him anytime soon regardless!

D-rock, Hep Alien and MsMaclen like this.
  2. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I got no word from the Beacon Theatre about this and if I didn't happen to look on this forum, I wouldn't have seen this. Believe it or not, everyone in the world isn't on Facebook or Twitter. So, those people will spend money on gas, tolls and parking to drive into the city tonight and then find out when they get to the theatre? New York isn't Dubuque. It could cost $60-$70 just to get to the show. That's great. I'm going to head to the Happy Together tour in Westbury instead.

MsMaclen likes this.
  3. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

That's funny, I got an email from the Beacon at 8:31 last night that read the following:

Important Info - The Monkees Present: The Mike and Micky Show

Dear Ticket Holder:

Please be advised that, due to illness, The Monkees Present: The Mike and Micky Show concert scheduled to take place at the Beacon Theatre on Friday, June 22, 2018 has been postponed. Hold on to your tickets as details regarding the rescheduled date will be coming soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your continued patronage of The Beacon Theatre.

Sincerely,
    The Madison Square Garden Company

marmalade and Hep Alien like this.
  4. Hep Alien

Hep Alien Forum Resident

As did I...

5. MsMaclen

MsMaclen Forum Resident

I don't seem to have gotten an email from the Beacon, but I only bought tickets this week, if that makes a difference.

6. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I bought tickets the day they went on sale and just got an email 10 minutes ago. Regardless what's important is that Nez get well, rescheduled dates or not.

7. MsMaclen

MsMaclen Forum Resident

Yup, just got a call and email. Get well Nez!

8. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

One of the articles mentions the rescheduled shows will be in January.

9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Our call from the Keswick came at 6:30 (we were already on the road), someone else I know got their call at 8:30.:shrug:

10. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I'd say it is just important that thousands of fans get timely information about a cancellation.

izgoblin and AlmanacZinger like this.
  11. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Well I guess we should all chill out in the meantime and hope Nez recovers comfortably. Thanks to those of you passing along info for those of us not on social media.

Hep Alien, D-rock and edenofflowers like this.
  12. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Not as important as Nez's health IMO, but I certainly agree with you. I was literally getting ready to head out and start my day of events before the gig without any awareness of the cancellation.

In fact Ticketmaster never even sent my tickets (although I paid for physical tickets) and had to allow me to print out at home, though they still charged me for the physical tickets.

We should've all listened to Eddie Veddar when we had the chance...

13. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

My ranking of importance was based on the information that Nez was not facing a serious issue and just needed to rest this week.

D-rock likes this.
  14. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Happy Together is great this year (saw it last week). You know that Ron Dante is in place of Howard Kaylan for The Turtles set.

15. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Now that the tour is postponed until 2019 perhaps Peter will be available to sit in now and then. I'm not serious, but then again I just might . . . be

Hep Alien, marmalade and MsMaclen like this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Kaylan is ill?

17. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Read this in an article a couple of minutes ago.

"His rep says Michael's already been discharged, but it's unclear what the medical emergency was that prompted his hospitalization."

18. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I almost have a feeling that is what's going to happen. It will be back to Peter and Micky. I can't really see Mike wanting to do more after a FNB tour this fall. You never know though.

19. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

20. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Experiencing “shortness of breath” at his age can be a pretty serious issue.

21. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks, I really don't keep up with them anymore.

22. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Exactly. I had a friend who had this happen and it turned very, very serious.

23. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Maybe we should share the best YT clips from the show thus far. I've been good at avoiding clips so I could go into the show fresh but I guess I may as well have a look now.

24. I hope Nez’s heslth improves. Yes. Shortness of breath is indeed concerning. It could be a sign of some sort of heart condition.

25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Let's wait until we know more. I really don't want to think about what might happen, especially after Davy's sudden departure. It might just be a mild case of The Dreaded Lurgie for all we know at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.