Dolly Parton. Here You Come Again album. Why isn't it on CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

I know it got a release back in the early days of CD, and I think there was another edition about 15 years ago.

But it's not been in print in forever and the prices for the old CDs are insane.

It's not even on iTunes which these days must mean something bad!

Here You Come Again was probably one of Dolly's biggest selling albums so does anyone know why you can't get it? It's not like she's under represented on CD other than this...

2. Rockos

Rockos Forum Resident

Not sure but you can do get the LP for about $6, convert it to wav and burn a cd.

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I agree that it's a bit surprising. I wonder whether the DCC issue sold out back in the day, or whether they still had copies sitting around when they went out of business. Here You Come Again and New Harvest, First Gathering are my two favorite Dolly albums, neither of them currently in print.

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I actually wrote the Sony Legacy web board about Heartbreak Express not being on ITunes and they eventually put it up. Maybe write them about that one and the rest of her RCA albums that aren't on ITunes. I doubt they are going to release them as CD's as this point unless some reissue company takes tham.

5. Glenpwood

Glenpwood Hyperactive!

Judging from the prices this album and Rhinestone fetch on CD I'm surprised Sony hasn't stepped up to the plate with another reissue. Took me forever to find HYCA on disc without paying over 25 bucks for it but it as worth the wait. Our host did a brilliant job on the remaster.

6. Bobby Morrow

Thanks everyone for answering. It's always struck me as strange that HYCA is in limbo, yet it's follow up, Heartbreaker, is still available!

7. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

Wow, I didn't know this was out of print. Would love to get the DCC. And I adore the cover!

8. houston

houston Forum Resident

pull out a Ben Franklin, get the DCC and enjoy!

9. Bobby Morrow

New Harvest, First Gathering is available on a 2-fer with All I Can Do on Amazon UK, though it's quite expensive for one CD...

10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I assume it's expensive because it's no longer in print. I bought my copy a few years ago for about $12.

11. Bobby Morrow

It costs about twice as much as it should in UK prices. It's not as expensive as Here You Come Again! Really disappointed they didn't carry on with those 2 on 1 CDs. They stopped after New Harvest/ All I Can Do and Dolly, Dolly, Dolly/Great Balls Of Fire...

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Seems like Bear Family would do a complete box set on Dolly.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Dolly is another artist who hasn't been particularly well served in terms of catalog curation.

But, it should be added, that's about par for the course for country artists. There is so much classic country that has either never been issued on CD, or else is long out of print.

phillyal1 and McLover like this.
  14. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Or Loretta, or Tammy...

John Porcellino and Tjazz like this.
  15. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I do wonder why Heartbreaker is still in print (and quite cheap!) while Here You Come Again is out of print.

16. Bobby Morrow

I really like Heartbreaker, but HYCA was the bigger hit so it's odd that it's not on CD.

17. filip_kbh

filip_kbh Forum Resident

Here You Come Again is a really, really good album. BTW I just tickets to see Dolly in Copenhagen 8th July next year :)

18. Bobby Morrow

Still can't find a copy of this! It's even hard to find an outrageously over-priced CD of it now! For Godsakes, rerelease it or at least put it on iTunes!

19. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I'm actually surprised it's not on itunes (it costs very little to release it this way).

You're best bet for a CD release is an Original Album Classics box set.

20. Bobby Morrow

Still, still no sign of this!

Come on iTunes. Anyone!

21. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I just heard the title song on a multi artist comp this afternoon and it is godawful, if the rest of the album is that bad maybe it's a good thing it's not on CD.
    It's hard to believe she's the same Dolly who not only wrote ''Jolene'' and ''I Will Always Love You'' and sang them both so beautifully, but did Led Zeppelin proud with her cover of ''Stairway To Heaven''.

22. Bobby Morrow

It's a good album, but definitely more pop. I like the Heartbreaker album too.

Pizza likes this.
  23. Hopefully Bear Family will someday release the complete Dolly recordings like they did for Porter and Dolly.

D-rock and Pizza like this.
  24. Bobby Morrow

Finally managed to get a copy of the DCC from eBay today. Hope it arrives safely. It didn't come cheap, but I've wanted it for years and this was the first CD I've seen where the price wasn't really stupid..

Tjazz and Pizza like this.
  25. Bobby Morrow

Happy to say the DCC arrived safely. Great album that sounds wonderful. Kudos to Mr Hoffman.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.