Don Kirshner Rock Concert Coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Backsasser, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Got the same email Mike. I would like to see the Joe Walsh gig released so I can finally dispose of the copies I have.

2. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Pics have me drooling into my Cornflakes

3. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Does anyone have an update on the Kirshner's In Concert DVDs that are advertised some time back? I, and the Kinks, are " . . . so tired of waiting . . .".

4. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

This will be a definite buy!

5. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

This is good news but I've found from the ROIO dvd's I've obtained that all of the DKRC shows weren't as great as I had recalled. Remember Jo Jo Gunne?

6. DarylB

DarylB Forum Resident

I was talking to someone at Sofa Entertainment who owns the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert tapes a few months ago had told me that the box set compilation is still on hold and that they're still clearing the rights to certain groups and artists.Hopefully soon when the box set is released,it'll be worth the wait.What company may release and distribute the compilation?

jsayers likes this.
  7. DarylB

DarylB Forum Resident

I'm hoping a company like Eagle Rock Entertainment will release the DKRC box set on both Dvd and
    their SD Blu Ray format.

8. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I am beginning to think this will never be released. A cryin' shame if it never is. There is a killer clip of Foghat in their prime -- about a 30 minute excerpt from In Concert -- on youtube, with poor video quality:

Has two of my favorite songs off Rock and Roll Outlaws: Hate to See You Go, and Dreamer. Foghat isn't just a boogie band, though they could boogie with the best of them. Rod Price on lead just kills. And Lonesome Dave singing -- what a frontman. And his guitar playing fills a critical void whenever Price launches into another stellar solo. The good old days of rock'n'roll . . .

9. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Thanks for this. It started me thinking about where I first saw Foghat and that helped me track down the concert via the year-by-year tour schedules provided on their official website.
    (http://www.foghat.com/tours/tour2.php) The year was '73, in Okla. City at the Fairgrounds Arena (Mar. 29th). Foghat was touring in support of Rock 'n' Roll, the first of two opening acts for Humble Pie, the second being Jo Jo Gunne. At the time I was a bit more impressed by Gunne & the Pie than Foghat (alas, Foghat didn't get on my radar until Energized), but they were solid performers :thumbsup:

:cheers:
    Cat

townsend likes this.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Cool! The first time I heard and saw Pink Floyd was on there. Great classic stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.