Donald Fagen "The Nightfly" digital recording to MFSL 45 RPM One-Step vinyl?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kyndcookie, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Mind you, I’d rather they did it right. Maybe they shouldn’t announce things so early...?

Adamski777 and SteelyNJ like this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Got my shipping notice, though it hasn't shipped yet. Just a label created. Going by FedEx SmartPost. It's essentially Ground, I believe (as from the 2-7 days shipping estimation), with the final delivery by USPS.

3. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

According to Music Direct, mine was shipped (via FedEx) yesterday (10/19/2017) and will be receiving it by 10/25/2017. I was charged on the same date for $99.99.
    I ordered mine on 5/26/2017.

4. suomynona

suomynona Forum Resident

Ordered on July 8 over the phone. Charged by MD and shipped via Fedex today. Will have on Thursday, 10/26.

I would have bought it at Tower at midnight, but...

P.S. It is signature required. Something to keep in mind for those that won't be home to sign for.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    ZippyPippy likes this.
  5. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Sweet, I've gotta be close then. Ordered July 10.

6. TheSixthBeatle

TheSixthBeatle Quae nocent, saepe docent

Ay, chihuahua! The price of living in polite society. We constantly flirt with similar taxation, here.

I hope you find the rendering of the music terrific.

7. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Yep, got my shipping notice a half hour after I posted this. Expected to arrive by next Thurs.

suomynona likes this.
  8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

It may be signature required for you, for whatever reason, but for me it is coming FedEx Ground Home Delivery - no signature required (to be delivered on Saturday (tomorrow) - and I will be home anyway). So your statment should not be taken as a blanket statement for all deliveries. Anyone in doubt should check their tracking or call FedEx.

suomynona likes this.
  9. Ports

Ports Forum Resident

Mine is waiting at home with my wife. can't wait to get home...review later tonight!

dvcarrick and richbdd01 like this.
  10. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Are you comparing your MoFi Brothers in Arms digital to vinyl pressing to the MoFi One-Step Donald Fagen "Nightfly" 45RPM digital to vinyl pressing? Just wanted to be clear what I was reading in your explanation, MarkMck. Can't wait to hear your report on this.

11. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yes I believe he is....otherwise I would be more worried!

12. YOSO

YOSO Well-Known Member

Got mine in. Number 278 with A2, B5, C1, and D5, seems rather random what stamper you'll get. The sides are split up so that each song has 2 songs. Mine however, had a piece of vinyl that was in the sleeve that marked up I.G.Y. which really sucks. RTI really needs to get these damn QC in check. Who do I talk to to get this sorted out? Music Direct themselves? I ordered from MOFI directly so I don't know if that complicates things. Also no little card with a picture on it like the other two releases, couldn't find anyone else mentioning it so I thought i'd throw that out there. [​IMG] [​IMG]

audiotom, bluejimbop and LoveandTheft like this.
  13. For sale on Ebay already for $175 to $350.

audiotom likes this.
  14. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

The Nightfly has landed. #0878 FWIW

15. Jelloza

Jelloza My hard drive is full of vinyl

post removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  16. Now that people are getting their copies, can somebody look in the credits and post who mastered the thing?

17. YOSO

YOSO Well-Known Member

The credits say Krieg Wunderlitch did, no assistance credit.

18. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Yes. I don't have another vinyl version to compare with, just some HD digital versions.

Some of us have previously discussed how well the Brothers in Arms turned out, even though it was also digital source to vinyl. My early take is that Nightfly is just as successful.

19. rocknsoul74

rocknsoul74 Forum Resident

Nothing against the music itself, but I couldnt justify spending $100 on a reissue thats been reissued several times How much more can they improve it? The audiophile market is crazy. It better at least have some authentic artifact from the actual sessions or maybe an autograph.

20. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

KW (Krieg Wunderlich) is etched on the vinyl. I don't see any other credit in the liner notes at quick glance.

21. TheSixthBeatle

TheSixthBeatle Quae nocent, saepe docent

[​IMG]

It's just a nit, but I can't help picturing the warehouse shipping guy at Music Direct writing the numbers in with a sharpie as he tapes closed the boxes... ("I'm giving everyone #69 until lunchtime, ha ha ha.")

When did serialized foil labels go out of fashion for $100 rekkids?

22. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

The liners do reference "Recorded and Mixed entirely on 3M digital", so I think it is safe to say there was no analog backup used as the source.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  23. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

I love the look of the one-step boxes, but does anyone else have problems with them showing all kinds of fingerprints after even light handling? I feel like I need white gloves any time I reach for any of my one-steps.

24. rocknsoul74

rocknsoul74 Forum Resident

That's unacceptable for any amount, especially for an audiophile release.

25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My Nightfly is on the way currently. I have the Santana and agree the boxes have a cool look but don’t seem like they’ll hold up the greatest. I don’t handle mine with gloves but I doubt anyone you know would think that was any more strange than spending $100 on a copy of a fairly common record.

bluejimbop and markmck79 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.