Donald Fagen "The Nightfly" digital recording to MFSL 45 RPM One-Step vinyl?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kyndcookie, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Excepting the fact that my point #1 is the likely eventual response, the disc itself clearly doesn’t prove proof of purchase...that’s clear from this conversation, no?

If MFSL has to account for every disc, how do they explain the production of an extra disc for which there is no proof of purchase?

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Again, this is why I won't buy these one steps from any dealer that isn't Music Direct. These are too expensive to buy any other way. MD will replace records and covers without a problem if it was purchased through them.

I wouldn't buy new UHQR records from anyone but Acoustic Sounds, either.

3. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Relax, I've stated you are probably right, still I would like to hear from someone with actual experience.
    No harm in that.

4. Slick Willie

I agree, and have done so.

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

My mistake. I thought the normal response to questions is answers....:confused:. And I said nothing about getting other input.

Regardless isn’t the normal process for returns of most retail purchases to go through the retailer, not the manufacturer?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

I did. But only using the Spin Clean system. I don’t have anything more sophisticated than that Ran it trough a couple of times.

scoutbb likes this.
  7. Slick Willie

Yes, but then ya' started repeating yourself...got it the first time 'round!:rolleyes:

8. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

FWIW, when I exchanged my copy of Rickie Lee Jones’ Pirates I dealt directly with MFSL.

9. Slick Willie

Did you also purchase from them?

10. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

Needless to say, I will be sure to go through Music Direct in the future. I per ordered a copy of Blood On The Tracks with them a few weeks ago.

11. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

Yes, directly. Good point. If I had gone through a retailer they may have asked me to go that route.

Slick Willie likes this.
  12. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I know this is a little different but on my Nightfly, the inner jackets were messed up, so I called directly (I bought from Music Direct) and got replacements with no return necessary, no questions asked. I’ve not had to replace a disc in either of my two one steps

TDurden and Slick Willie like this.
  13. Slick Willie

They usually ask a few questions at the beginning...or at least from your address could determine you purchased from them?

14. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

Not sure if this was the problem with yours but the jackets in this copy are scuffed up, like they had been rubbing up against one another.

15. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

On mine the discs sliced through the jackets. There was quite a few complaints on the forum, and by the time I called they were quite aware. They may have asked some identifier to see my account.

16. TDurden

TDurden Forum Resident

Gotcha. Glad they took care of you

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The answers are repetitive when the questions are repetitive...:idea:

18. Slick Willie

:fly:

19. Rick McQuiston

Rick McQuiston Active Member

Does anybody know where I can get it now? I can't find it online. Will they reissue it? Does anybody know?

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I think if you read this thread you’ll find the strictly limited edition sold out quickly.

The only place to get one now is the secondary market. I think I saw one for sale in the classified forum here the other day - for $300 or something.

21. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Discogs

22. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

If I remember correctly there was someone a few days ago who was selling one Mint for $250. That's as low as you're going to find I'm afraid, and certainly lower than Abraxas or Sunday At The Village Vanguard.

23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There’s one still there for $299. Started at $400.

24. Helom

Helom Forum member

This has likely been mentioned somewhere among these 79 pages, but can anyone comment on the SQ of this 180 gm reissue:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

25. Chris Bellman cut, Record Industry pressing. It’s gotta sound great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.