DCC Archive Don't piss off Dick Clark...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Don't piss the dude off, he's hired moi as his enforcer! [​IMG]

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Andrew ]

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I see you went looking at my smilies directory!

:D

4. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Dang Right!

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

My friend Pete used to work for one of Dick Clarks video companies. He told me Clark is an absolute maniac.

When a PBS station was doing a Rock and Roll Reunion thing, they showed like 5 seconds of Freddy Cannon on a clip from American Bandstand. Clark found out and sued them for using 5 seconds of the clip without permission.

If it were multiple, complete clips, maybe I could see it, but 5 seconds? GEEEZZZ!!!

Tough stuff.

6. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Grrrrrrrr - Dick Clark, one of my least favorite folks associated with music... How he escaped the payola witch hunt and only got a slap on the wrist amazes me; sheesh, fingers in the pie at record companies, foisting crappy pretty boys like Frankie and Fabian on suckers with 89 cents for a 45, grrrrrrrrr again.... :mad:

7. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Dick always had a very large thumb into shaping the clay of Rock and Roll. You can love or hate him, but I don't think I would change a thing.

I don't think Casey Casem would be big on the likeable types. Actually, you don't have to like anyone in Rock.
    Amet and Nesuhi Ertegun, Jerry Wexler, Tom Dowd, Phil Spector, Harry Levine, Carole King, Lieber & Stoller, etc... These people are MUCH more important than most anyone in the growing stages of Rock. Some of those people I would love to have lunch with just to listen. A privilidge Steve has quite often with at least one of those people.

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Sckott ]

8. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I had a (very small) hand in making a documentary about Jerry Wexler, very interesting guy with some amazing albums to his producing credit. Stuff that would be well served on DCC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.