Dr. Dre's new album = YEAH!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Guillaume Bougard, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guillaume Bougard

Guillaume Bougard Forum Resident Thread Starter

I love Dr. Dre's productions. I pray to the Almighty that this is going to be good.

drasil and Naughty Chord like this.
  2. Moth

Moth fluttering by

Coming out on Friday:
    [​IMG]
    It's a little strange that after all this time he's scrapped Detox, but I'm happy that he's finally releasing something. I'm also excited for some new Kendrick Lamar music, and he's showing up on three of the sixteen songs. Only going to be released on iTunes, though, which is a shame. Here's the track list:

1. "Intro"
    2. "Talk About It" (feat. King Mez & Justus)
    3. "Genocide" (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
    4. "It’s All On Me" (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
    5. "All In a Day’s Work" (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
    6. "Darkside/Gone" (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
    7. "Loose Cannons" (feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
    8. "Issues" (feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
    9. "Deep Water" (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
    10. Jon Connor - "One Shot One Kill" (feat. Snoop Dogg)
    11. The Game - "Just Another Day" (feat. Asia Bryant)
    12. "For the Love of Money" (feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
    13. "Satisfiction" (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
    14. "Animals" (feat. Anderson Paak)
    15. "Medicine Man" (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
    16. "Talking to My Diary"

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Naughty Chord likes this.
  3. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

No physical version? That's a big letdown. I know he is too rich to care about losing sales at this point, but I'm not going to pay for something that I can get the same enjoyment out of streaming. I'm perfectly willing to pay for a physical version, but not digital only.

4. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Same here.

5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Who woulda thought that the thing to get Dre to finally release an album would be something related to NWA.

thesisinbold and Brownd like this.
  6. sandmountainslim1

sandmountainslim1 Vicar Of Fonz

I wish MC Ren was involved :( Why no MC Ren??

7. sandmountainslim1

Dre has turned into the Roger Waters and Axl Rose of HIp Hop.....lazy as hell when it comes to droppin' beats.

Brownd likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

This is the album that was intended to be Detox. Let's see if he ever admits to it.

9. GuidedByJonO)))

Yeah, there is no way that the majority of this was not intended to be on Detox anyway, he's full of crap. N.W.A. movie or not, there is 0% chance that a notoriously slow worker like Dre suddenly was able to crank out two albums worth of material.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  10. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

I read in an interview in the last few days that Dre said he scrapped it because it wasn't any good. He said he didn't like it and didn't want to give his fans a crap album. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it.

I'll definitely stream it if I can but I really hate paying for lossy files. I've done it a few times but I feel like I need a shower afterwards.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  11. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

I don't think so. He produces for other artists on a regular basis. Given that he doesn't consider himself to be rapper, and that he's a little old and rich to pull off the "hardcore rapper" image, this makes sense.

I think a lot of Detox has come out as songs on other people's albums. But a lot remains unreleased. It's the hip hop "Smile"

12. Naughty Chord

Lol. Don't open the floodgates. :shh:

thesisinbold likes this.
  13. Guillaume Bougard

Guillaume Bougard Forum Resident Thread Starter

I can't believe I'm reading this. The guy has been working on many albums and singles over the years, scouting new talent (Eminem, 50 Cent, Game, Kendrick Lamarr, etc...). I wish lazy people were THAT productive!

heatherly likes this.
  14. GuidedByJonO)))

I don't think anyone is saying that Dre has been lazy when it comes to the business side of his empire, between Beats and his talent scouting he's been very busy. He's just lazy when it comes to releasing his own work. People like Jay-Z and Kanye manage to do all the talent scouting and business work while still maintaining a somewhat reasonable release schedule for their own projects.

sandmountainslim1 likes this.
  15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I wouldn't call him lazy. My guess is he is a perfectionist. Plus, anything he releases has a lot to live up too.

16. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I just love to see the young people celebrating the rap and the hip-hop music on the Hoffman forum. It does my old heart wonders to see the kids today so engaged with their music and their chronic and their snoop dogs. OK, I'm going back to my dinosaur bands now. Good luck. Excuse me, I meant "Word."

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  17. Naughty Chord

Stick around, Dre and Snoop are dinosaurs too. You'll fit right in. :wave:

18. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Yeah!
    Nah.

19. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I liked Chronic and Doggystyle plenty back when they were new and fresh. Chronic 2001 did nothing for me at all and at this point I doubt there is anything he can produce that would move the needle for me. It is not exactly my genre to be sure, but do I cross over and buy rap once and awhile.

20. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

My younger brother asked for the latest Kendrick Lamar for Christmas, and instead by mistake I bought him D'Angelo's latest. True story. He returned it and got what he wanted though, so it worked out.

He just went to the semi-NWA reunion recently at the Forum. He said it was very good.

Naughty Chord likes this.
  21. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Does anybody work alone anymore?

ralphk likes this.
  22. sandmountainslim1

Dre has never worked alone.

23. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

I get that, but the tracklist just reminded me that so many songs by current artists seem to "feature" someone else

sandmountainslim1 likes this.
  24. GuidedByJonO)))

Well part of that comes down to three of the biggest pop chart genres right now being rap, R&B and EDM, all of which heavily rely on collaborations. The other part has been a slow sea change over the past few decades where different vocalists have been pushing really hard to get credited titles on the charts. 15 years ago, a feature credit would only come when there was a big name to grab people in, but now even the most inconsequential hook singers are getting credits. I think it's a good way for up and comers to get attention for the work they are doing.

25. I would assume we'll eventually get a physical release since most of Dre's fans are still into CDs. I am not expecting this album to be a classic, merely a solid effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.