Dr. House returns

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tommy-thewho, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

2. That was actor Michale Paré. He was listed in the opening credits.

We thought it was a great episode. Hoping the season turns out to be a good one.

3. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I don't know what to think of "House" anymore. I quit watching it regularly a few years ago and when I do watch it I see a good episode (like this one) that draws me back in, but the soap opera quality of the show really is tiresome. How many times can people get fired, rehired, promoted, demoted, etc.? If I hear Wilson say "We're not friends" one more time...
    I only saw two episodes from last season. It sounds like I didn't miss much.

4. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

The 7th season was crap. Hope this one will get the show back on track.

5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

What season started with House in the mental asylum? That was it for me.

Some of the comments in this thread are making me want to check it out again. But, I have a feeling the good moments will be few and far between.

6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Since I work in a prison, it was interesting to see how accurate they were trying to make it. But that really didn't matter much since the focus was on House's character and behavior. It was interesting to see him as morally bankrupt in another setting beside a hospital.

I thought they might continue that route since he was seemingly in confinement for "at least 6 months", but the preview of next week's show has him back in the hospital. I thought they mentioned that he'd never practice medicine again. (I took that literally)

The coming weeks should be fun to watch again.

7. dufman

dufman Forum Resident

Did anyone recognize Urkel (Jaleel White)? That one made me laugh out loud when I realized who it was.

8. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Gort

Yes, it wasn't until he was walking off to the left with the cart that it became clear to me who it was.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Immediately...he gained weight.:)

10. Michael

you should! this season looks like it's going to be a winner! I cannot believe I'm saying this as I was disgusted with the last season...

11. Michael

you are correct my friend...I knew who he was but forgot his name..:)

12. Michael

13. Michael

yea I know, I know.:D

I didn't see the opening credits...I just recognized him.:)

it will....

14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

This game needs to end. I need my House fix......

15. Where is House this evening?

I just returned from Thanksgiving dinner to find the Speilberg show on my PVR. The PVR was set several years ago to record all new House episodes on FOX Boston. Looks as if the satellite menu was wrong. It showed House recording at 7pm Mountain. It's usually 6pm Mountain. :realmad:

16. George P

George P Notable Member

House is delayed because of Playoff Baseball.

17. Thanks George.

My mistake on the time. House the Eastern feed from FOX Boston is on Monday this season at 7pm Mountain. The PVR did not get adjusted for the baseball playoffs. The PVR recorded FOX from 7-8pm Mountain and I only got about 10 minutes or so of the House episode. I'll try and record it on the West Coast feed later.

18. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

If you miss it, you won't be missing much IMO. Tonight's episode sucked. There were also way more than the usual amount of ads too. You didn't even get 10 minutes of the episode before 2-3 minutes of ads kicked in. Tonight was one of the worst I have ever seen.

However, the previews for next week looked a bit more encouraging. 13 will be back - at least for next week. Hopefully, they didn't show all of the best parts of the episode in the preview.

19. George P

George P Notable Member

Loved tonight's episode, the Wilson House interactions, the cute new girl, Foreman as boss, interesting case and the awesome final scene. Great stuff!

20. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

G'day,

Cato (as House called her, I didn't care enough for her character's name) reminded me too much of whatever her name was from last season, the other annoying and idealistic young female brunette doctor.

Here's hoping she gets that job in Chicago real soon.

--Geoff

21. George P

George P Notable Member

Be kinda hard to do, since she isn't going to be going for it.

I didn't find her to be the least bit annoying and certainly nothing like what's-her-name from last season. God, she punched her boss. I couldn't picture what's-her-name ever doing that. She was short, thin and Asian and what's-her-name was none of those things.

22. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Crap. I got only the first 10 minutes thanks to the game. Fox typically doesn’t allow on-line viewing until 8 days after the episode. Does anyone know of any other free, legal on-line streaming available sooner?

Otherwise, I suppose I will just record next weeks ep and hold it until I view the entirety of this weeks.

23. Michael

this may be my favorite season of House...love the first two shows so far...nice not to see Casanosa, but I do miss 13 and the rest from last season...the new girl is fabulous.:) I love her! Foreman is great as Cuddy's replacement...like his persona; always did.:)

now I'm going to hate to see it end...

24. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.