Dr. Who to return!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Gary, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

http://www.msnbc.com/news/972201.asp

I wonder if he's fixed his TARDUS yet? :D

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

After that horrendous US-made TV movie, I'll have some major misgivings about this project until/if it arrives. The BBC sure couldn't kill it off fast enough back in '89.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

But with the technology these days, it should be pretty believable.... I hope.

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I've been a big fan of this show for longer than I remember. It seems like the show started to go down hill when the writing lost it's edge (especially after the 18 month suspension by Michael Grade). I was never bothered by the lack of great effects. For me, what made the show fantastic was the very, very clever scripts, good characters/acting, and the almost guerrilla-like shooting (to hide the lack of budget for effects). I hope the new production team doesn't try to be too clever (in a not too clever way, you know what I mean) to breath new life into the show. Just make it smart and fun again.

5. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident

The budget special effects added to my liking of the show. New CGI effects may make it lose it's charm, unless the writing is again, very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.