Drummers, post your gear here!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AidanB, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’ve noticed a decent amount of drummers here, so I thought I would start this thread. I always find it cool to hear about fellow drummers’ set ups. I personally can’t post any pictures, but feel free to do so!

Anyways, I’m a broke teen just getting into gigging, so my kit isn’t anything much. Currently I use a 1965 Ludwig Club Date kit, Blue Sparkle, which I got a great deal on, $200. For cymbals, it’s mostly unremarkable. I use a 1970’s Zildjian Avedis Ride that came with the kit, then I use a crappy Zildjian ZBT Crash Ride and Crash, which both came with my old starter kit, and an old Nuvader hi-hat I converted into a China. For snares, I have two. One is the 1964 Ludwig Pioneer that came with my kit, and the other is a 1970’s Ludwig Acrolite I got for $20, both of which I use pretty equally, though the Acrolite is a much more recent acquisition. For heads, I used Remo Vintage A’s for awhile, but recently switched to Aquarian Modern Vintage Mediums for all my batters and most of my resonants (with the exception of my bass drum, where I use the original resonant, my Pioneer, where I use a Diplomat Hazy Snare Side, and my Acrolite, which I haven’t gotten new heads for yet). And finally for the bass pedal, I use an old Ludwig Speed King that came with the kit. Also, Vic Firth sticks, mainly AJ3/AJ4, sometimes Dave Weckl’s, and occasionally ProMark Bill Bruford’s.

Anyways, that’s it from me, what do you guys use?

2. kunstwork

kunstwork Forum Resident

1966 Rogers holiday 20x14, 16x16, 8x12, 9x13, ludwig supraphonic snare mostly (although there are others in the arsnenal). 70's Zildjian new beat hi hats, Paiste giant beat reissues 18 and 20, Paiste 602 20 inch cymbal, 60's or 70's A Zildjian 16 crash. DW 5000 pedal. Remo ambassador heads. regal tip 5A and rock model sticks.

AidanB likes this.
  3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I've been thinking about creating a thread for fellow Drummers, but I found this thread. Although there is not much activity I'm hoping to revive it. I'm really pumped this week because I've purchased a set of Hi-Hats and a crash cymbal by a company that I only just discovered. Dream cymbals.

I bought a set of Dream Bliss 15" Hats and a Dream Bliss 16" crash. I am floored with the sound of these cymbals, especially the hats. These are probably the best hats I've ever played. I've always been a Sabian guy, and really enjoyed the AAX line. My original hats were a pair of AAX Studio 13" and 14", but I much prefer these new Dream hats. I love their whole ideology and the process in which they create their cymbals.

I'd love to hear from other Dream cymbal users, or just other Drummers to learn about the gear you play.

tspit74 and Binni like this.
  4. eeglug

eeglug Senior Member

PICS PLEASE

[​IMG]

5. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Is that you Terry Bozzio? ;)

PacificOceanBlue, AidanB and eeglug like this.
  6. eeglug

eeglug Senior Member

Actually I'm not a drummer - I just want to see pictures of everyone's kits! :righton:

7. Chimichurri

Chimichurri Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute in cherry with Aqaurian force 10 clear heads (batters)
    Ufip cymbals
    Various snares (currently a first-gen Pearl Sensitone aluminium 14 x 5)

segue, Dan Steele, Ed Hughes and 2 others like this.
  8. Vinyl Fan 1973

Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in Honey Amber. Paiste Alpha Heavy Ride 22” from 1991, Dream Bliss 15” Hats and Dream Bliss 16” crash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

segue, Dan Steele and Shawn like this.
  9. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

10. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

:laugh:

segue likes this.
  11. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Two mid 70s Ludwig Vistalite Big Beat (12-13-16-22-14) sets with snares; one green, one red
    Two 1969 Ludwig keystone badge Hollywood (12-13-16-22) sets; one Psychedelic Red, one Champagne Sparkle
    ~1980 Ludwig B/O badge Rock Machine (13-14-18-22) in Maple Thermogloss
    1969 Ludwig keystone badge 5" Supraphonic snare
    1969 Ludwig keystone badge Acrolite snare
    1970s Ludwig B/O badge Acrolite snare
    Zildjian cymbals: 2 pairs 14" New Beats, assorted crashes 14-18"
    Sabian 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride (would like a Zildjian that sounds the same but haven't found one)

12. kunstwork

kunstwork Forum Resident

1966 Rogers Holiday set (8x12, 9x13, 16x16, 14x20 bass, 5x14 powertone snare (metal shell))
    1976 Slingerland Blakrome set (9x13, 10X14, 14X22 bass, 5.5X14 Buddy Rich snare (brass--outstanding drum))
    Slingerland, Rogers and Ludwig hardware, and a Jacques Capelle hi hat stand (the best).
    Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic 1967, Fibes SFT, Ludwig Supersensitive, Premier Royal Ace piccolo, and Ludwig 6.5x14 Supraphonic
    Vintage Zildjian and Paiste cymbals (and some Paiste reissue cymbals).
    All for sale soon--PM me

13. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Oh lawd. I have over 20 kits, 50 snares, a bunch of cymbals, been collecting a long time, but I don't have lots of pics of just the drums.

Dan

14. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just recently got some new acquisitions: some 1960’s Zildjian New Beats. Very happy with them.

15. Vinyl Fan 1973

Not that many drummers on here I gather...

16. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

17. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

here's my current set up. the bass drum is only 6 x 20. it's made by sidekick. as I'm doing a fairly light gig these days it's great for traveling compared to my 24" bass drum.

[​IMG]

segue, eeglug and Dan Steele like this.
  18. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

This is the only photo I could grab at the moment but here I am hard at work recording on my kit. Here are the specs if interested:

Sonor Force 3005 Maple Drum Kit - 12'x10' & 13'x11' rack toms, 16'x16' floor tom and 22'x17.5' bass drum.
    Snare drum is a Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5'x14'

Cymbals are all Sabian HH series: 18', 19' & 20' Medium Thin Crashes, a 21' Raw Bell Dry Ride and 14' Medium Hi-Hats.

[​IMG]

segue, eeglug and Dan Steele like this.
  19. Chimichurri

Chimichurri Forum Resident

Spoiler alert - your kick is about to be choked by your kid brother's Kiss duvet...

AidanB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.