Drunk Amy Winehouse 'Booed Off Stage'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Toby Latimer, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

What a complete disgrace. From a talentless hack, to a talentless drunken hasbeen hack.

Why anyone would pay to see her now is beyond me. I could sort of understand if someone paid to see her when she was popular for that year or however long it was the Rehab song was big, but why now?

2. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I'm one of those people who feels very sorry for the band--those guys are just trying to make a living. And boy did they hitch their wagon to the wrong singer.

Too bad for the audience, too.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I just watched the video of the first song. That was brutal to sit through. So sad. I always wish people like this will get the help they need before it's too late, but it seems with Winehouse that the ship has already sailed. It's hard to watch someone destroy themselves like that. :shake:

4. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Dixie Fried

You draw these conclusions from one singer with a severe problem? Quite a leap of logic.

5. Ray K.

Ray K. New Member

She's certainly no Grace Slick.

6. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Yeah, she used to. Here's one of my favorite clips of her from 2004.

In My Bed (2004)

7. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I was never a fan, but I wish her well and hope she (and all other abusers) recover.

8. tomd

tomd Senior Member

On the Strokes 1st tour Julian Casablancas was drunk as a skunk at their Phoenix show (I was there).They played the entire show (no encores) which was the entire Is This It album without stumbling on a single song.

9. Pathetically drunk artists cheating their audiences with hideously embarrassing performances are nothing new. I saw Johnny Cash back in the 1960s. Although he is a legend, I would have walked away had it not been for June Carter and The Statler Brothers. Amy Winehouse could not have been worse because there is really nothing less than absolute total worthlessness.

10. Ricko

Ricko Forum Resident

Well jeez that's really sad. I thought "Back To Black" especially was an amazing album & that she definitely had what it takes. I didn't know she could cut it live.

So it looks like just another version of the old "too much too soon" story. :(

11. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

She's even warbling and mumbling out of tune! I think she's trying to live the Rock 'n Roll lifestyle in reverse; first the drinks and drugs and five versions of the same album and build up to a neat career. I'm afraid it won't work.
    A career that's stopped before it started...

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Two words: Cash grab. Ironically, if this keeps up, she either won't be above ground much longer or will be above ground but will be persona non grata and the gravy train will leave the station without her. The latter may have just happened. The former may not be far off.

Agree on both counts. Just a shame all around.

13. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Agreed. I've seen McGowan in this state as well.

14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Says it all, doesn't it?

15. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Shame on her amoral management, whoever they are.

16. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

As long as people spend their dollars...

17. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Amazing (and sad) that they let her go out on stage in that condition. Did she actually make it through the entire "concert"? I haven't seen a clip posted yet where she's "booed off stage" as the title of this thread suggests. Did the audience sit through this mess?

By now it's probably fruitless to say that I hope she gets the helps she needs :shake:

18. Toby Latimer

Toby Latimer Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Daily Mail has some commentary from someone who was in the audience, it appears that she wandered on and off stage as she felt like it, in between the jeers and heckles -: "She feel down when she walked on stage almost immediately, than took her shoes off and started walking around, occasionally trying to sing. At one point she said hello to Athens (capital of Greece) and even (I think) New York, she wasn't singing at all. I don't know was that the case because she couldn't remember the words or she was high or drunk. Or all of the above. She mumbled some words, than left the stage, than came back, than left again.I don't know, she really doesn't look well overall. She's not supposed to be performing right now or in the near future. The whole experience from last night is just incredibly sad" :sigh:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...mbles-way-Belgrade-concert.html#ixzz1Pk6w1KgD .

19. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Thanks Toby, such a shame. I get the feeling we'll be reading about her soon in the obituary section if this keeps up.

20. TooLoudASolitude

TooLoudASolitude Forum Resident

While watching these videos that's what I was thinking as well.

21. Toby Latimer

Toby Latimer Forum Resident Thread Starter

I really hope not :shake: ....

22. Baldoni

Baldoni New Member

23. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

:confused: She recieved these Grammys after producing two excellent studio albums and not for future concerts she failed to perform.

24. zen

zen Senior Member

My EARS disagree. :D But, my HEART goes out to Amy and especially her fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.