Dualie Jewelies

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnT, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member Thread Starter

I like the concept of two cd's in one jewel box but...

I was movin' on to the second Sly Stone Essential disc and I correctly popped to door from left to right :thumbsup:.

So today I pick up the Bee Gees GH, a Polydor 2CD one jewel box compilation. Loading em' into my 6-CD changer the first pops out then I go to open the door to access the second and the plastic breaks and falls to my lap. Huh?

Upon further inspection, the left side is hinged and it swings from right to left. Live & learn :confused:.

2. stever

stever Senior Member

Yes, there are several different slimline configurations. I really like them because they take up less space in my CD racks. It seems that you have to be especially careful though; I can't imagine someone with big fingers trying to maneuver inside these jewel cases.

3. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member Thread Starter

Oh, so they call them 'Slimlines'?

Learnin' everyday :)

My kids call Pickups with dual rear wheels 'dualies'. That's why I called em' dualie jewelies.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The Slimline that opens from the spine, left to right, so the tray folds over the right side, is a very clumsy invention, but the booklet slot is larger to facilitate larger booklets (like the CSNY 4 Way Street).

The ones I like particularly, are the slimlines that swing to the right, less clumsy, because the "flap" swings like a book inside the pivot of the spine.

5. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

When they first came out ("Four Way Street" was the first, I think), they were called "brilliant boxes." Blech. "Slimline" is more descriptive and less annoying.

I love 'em. The old two-disc case was ridiculously huge.

Ryan

6. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I also believe Four Way Street was the first to use the slim line. I remember seeing it at the record store and could not understand how two discs could be in the package. I even asked the record store clerk if he really believed there were two discs in there:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.