DVD/Blu-Ray/Box Set Storage Shelf Options?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by xXFloydianXx, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall Thread Starter

Being on a bit of a budget, I don't have too much of a DVD/Blu collection yet,

As of a couple weeks ago, I was using the LevelUp DVD tower. It seemed to work pretty well for awhile, being set vertically on my wall. But turns out, the dividers in the unit seem to have put some creases on DVD cases over a period of time--not bad enough to warrant a replacement of the movies or artwork or any of the such. But the dividers also limited what I could store--box sets, thick DVD cases (TV show complete series), slipcovers, etc.

Is there anything similar to this tower that is, say, ~$50? It would have to be without dividers, and have NO odd spaces/gaps or crevices that, when movies or box sets are placed over them, would cause any deformities in them. I'd like to have the ability to hang horizontally.

So basically, something like these, where, an individual unit would be fairly priced, and can be added to as needed.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Dust has to be a bitch. Remember the card catalogs at the library ? I have apothecary drawers, styled after those card catalog cabinets. Everything is in drawers, out of sight.
    500 Blu rays, approx. 500 DVDs.

3. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Years ago I ran across an old gun cabinet at a thrift. I gutted the inside and drilled and used oak dowels rather than shelves. in their jewel cases they were fine, now, having ditched most of the original cases for slim cases, they sag a bit, but still hold fine. It has worked out to be the best high density solution I have had (over 25 years now). I've long outgrown it and now have more cd's stashed around, but it's worked really well.

(yes I still have all the stuff from the original cases if ever needed, though all the old boxes went to GW.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Can-Am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.