Dwayne Johnson's "Skyscraper"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ghostworld, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

What on earth did you expect?

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

We watched the preview while we were perusing for something to watch last Saturday...jeez...dumber than I thought. I usually like movies with The Rock. Although, they almost always have him stranded on some island. He usually plays a fun character. But this was just too dumb. We watched A Streetcat Named Bob instead. Good family movie. True story.

GodShifter likes this.
  3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The movie seemed to be an inferior Japanese production starring an American star. Strictly a paycheck for the Rock, as if he needs it!

GodShifter likes this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I thought it would have some occasional good moments. 46% on Rotten Tomatoes, 51 on MetaCritic, made $300 million... it's not a total goat t@rd. But it's by far the worst film I've seen this year (and I see a lot). It made the last Fast & Furious movie look like Terminator 2 by comparison.

Chinese! But yeah.

GodShifter likes this.
  5. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Not a fan. Thought the SNL skit where he played a scientist who developed a child molesting robot was the low water mark for what was once a great tv show.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Never forget!
    [​IMG]

7. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

The big selling point to this movie is 3D and yet there is active sabotage of the format by not allowing choice in any retailers in the USA. Forget that 3D doesn't sell...since 4K came aboard it was never even given a chance.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I worked for a bit on Tooth Fairy! Mr. Johnson was a very nice man and did his best in a horrific movie. Julie Andrews and Billy Crystal looked absolutely awful in the footage -- I have no idea how they looked in the final. Haaaaaarible movie. Johnson later said he was so depressed when the movie bombed, he fired all his agents, managers, and attorneys, and basically started over and began picking his own films. He's done a lot better since then.

GodShifter and budwhite like this.
  9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I have the 3D Blu-ray. Purchased from Best Buy.

10. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I looked them over and they were sold out in entire state.

Must not have jumped fast enough.

I'll just order online, but still it is the point of it all.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

“Tooth Fairy” bombed ?!?! Hard to believe. Who would have forecasted that ???

:rolleyes:

12. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

When I saw the first trailer for Skyscraper I thought it was going to be a blockbuster. Let me know if you need me to pick your lottery numbers.

Vidiot and GodShifter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.