EAC and noise/pop removal?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TSmithPage, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member Thread Starter

I'm pretty happy using EAC for ripping wav files, and then inserting track gaps from vinyl sources for burning onto CDR, but can't figure out how to use it to manually remove noise, such as vinyl pops and ticks. I see where it offers "smooth selection" to smooth out the sound overall (but I don't think I want to tamper with the overall music that way), and I also see a "remove glitches" option, which also didn't seem to remove the pops. Oddly enough, EAC does offer a feature that allows you to "detect pops" but I don't see where you can remove the pops after they're detected. Am I overlooking something, or do I need to download a different program in order to accomplish this? Assuming I do need to download something different, are there any free programs I can download from the net that do a good job removing pops from vinyl sources?

2. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

You're going to have something other than EAC. To my knowledge, declicker plug-ins like ClickFix don't work with EAC. I have never used it to edit audio with, so I might be wrong.

I would recommend Cool Edit Pro (which also has a declicker in it), which is now Adobe Audition. I am sure others here would recommend Wave Lab etc. But, not sure about the declicking possibilities with that.

3. Rick B.

Rick B. Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.