EAC - " Append Files as " question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by stereoptic, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

In the CD Layout Editor of Exact Audio Copy ( EAC ) , in layout pulldown,
    1. what is the difference between "append files as new track (index 1)" and "append files as new track (index 0 and 1)
    2. Why do some cue sheets have tracks with both a '0' and a '1' index, some only have '1' index
    3. what is the proper method to remove a track froma cue sheet? through an editor (notepad) or by 'delete an index'?

thanks!

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

1. Difference there SHOULD BE to attach additional files either with or without a pause.

2. An index 0 in a cue file means "negative countdown" on most CD players. Some CD have "dead" information between tracks. Index 01 is where the music should be starting on a CD image, and that's when the timer will count upwards.

3. You can only remove a track from a cue sheet that compiles seperate tracks. If it's a complete CD image (long wav + cue) you cannot change it.

This is where ripping the CD for desired tracks (F5 on EAC) then maybe using Nero to compile your disc might be helpful....

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

Thanks Sckott. :thumbsup:I wanted to make a copy of a CD minus 2 or 3 tracks, and I didn't want to have to retype or copy/paste all of the song titles/disc info. So I created a cue sheet this time by Create a Cue sheet--> Multiple .wav files with corrected gap. Then I selected all of the tracks and did a "Copy selected tracks-> uncompressed". I am still using EAC to write the CD, so I then went into Write CD, loaded up my cue sheet and the only option to delete a track is to "delete an index" so I wasn't sure if I have to delete both the "0" and the 1".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.