Eagles - Desperado CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tomcw, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomcw

Tomcw Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi All.
    I've got the Elektra/Asylum 5068 CD and I don't find the sound quality that good. Seems kind of compressed and edgey to me.
    I'm aware of the GH remaster, but I'm hoping that there a remaster of the Desperado CD that has improved sonics.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Tom

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Well, the ORIGINAL CD issue was made from the master tape flat. I'm not saying it sounds wonderful, but it is what the tape sounds like.

I've not heard any other version.

3. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

One of my favorite albums. I wonder if there was any chance of a DCC Gold CD of this one, back in the days......................?

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

We wanted to do all of them but Elektra said only two so....

5. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

I've owned the original and the remaster, to me the remaster is the better version. It has a nicer open sound.
    John

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The original CD of Desperado is a hell of a lot less "evil" than the remaster. In fact, it's one of the better early Eagles CDs. The better original CDs seem to be S/T and On The Border.

Not like Desperado is perfect.

7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

Poor Desperado....... i own the original and actually like it. The acoustic guitar tunes and vocals sound pretty neat on my colorful rig. I actually play it fairly often and have no serious complaints.

-Jeffrey

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I see that opinions vary a bit on this one. I'd like to hear both versions.

Too bad DCC wasn't able to do the whole Eagles catalog. Elektra sure was more giving of The Doors catalog.

9. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

It's a real shame.

The LP sounded so good.

10. Tomcw

Tomcw Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, you guys... since there doesn't seem to be a clear concensus on this, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for the remaster on the used market and give it a listen myself.

Tom

11. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

This is a rare case where I actually like the remastered CD of "Desperado", although I've never heard the original CD.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

12. chaz

chaz Senior Member

I've had all the original Eagles cd's. As far as my ears are concerned IMO the remasters blow them away hands down. When the remasters came out, I bought a few and I a/b' d them with a friend. Playing the remasters vs the originals could best be described as "taking the blankets off my speakers". The remasters totally brought the music to life. Yes, I have Steve's 2 Eagles cd's, but the remasters have replaced the original cd's.

13. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

Totally agree , I replaced all my originals with remasters, and "taking the blankets off" is an entirely accurate description
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.