Easiest way to transfer music from my PC to my iPhone without iTunes

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiodrome, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

I've never used iTunes and I only have about a half dozen mp3 downloads (from Amazon) on my computer. A while back my daughter gave me her old iPhone 4 and I finally decided it was time to upgrade from my old "stone age" cell phone.

I want to load up my new iPhone with music from my CD collection so I've been creating special folders and converting a bunch of stuff to mp3.

At first I thought I would just install iTunes but I really don't want or need all of the crap that goes with it and most likely I won't be purchasing any songs from their store.

Is there a simple, no frills free application that will allow me to sync and transfer songs from my Windows 7 PC to my new iPhone 4? I've looked online but most of the ones that looked good require you to have iTunes already installed on your computer and the ones that didn't have that requirement were no longer available!

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go through the trouble of installing something and setting everything up only to have it turn out to be a lousy program.

2. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Honestly...there is not a lot of "crap" that goes with it. You will use more effort working around it compared to the effort to set it up to be simple enough.

3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I've used iTunes for years and never purchased a song. I agree for your purposes it's the easiest thing.

4. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

So just go with iTunes?

That's fine with me, plus there's probably less of a chance encountering problems down the road.

5. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Yes. There actually isn't any other way without jail breaking your phone.

6. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Good point

7. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

We can most certainly help you out, of course :righton:

8. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

ITunes is the most abominable piece of horse - ess of software I've ever used. I loathe it with a passion. It is, however, the easiest and best way to move music files to the closed ecosystem that is the iPod/iPhone. Good luck. Every time I have ever tried to transfer anything to my iPad through iTunes I've wanted to bash my head into the sidewalk for an hour.

quicksrt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.