Ebay Dylan Cutting Edge 18cd $229 shipped

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by mesfen, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member Thread Starter

2. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

3. mesfen

that was fast! still cant believe it was being sold for that price

4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Wow! And they sold five!

5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

6. beatlebum

beatlebum Forum Resident

But the the UPC "4547366250633" refers to the Japanese 6 CD Blu-Spec 2 Edition of this Box-Set.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They list by UPC. That's what your going to get.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  8. mesfen

They also state in the item description that it is the 18 cd legacy edition! I'll put even money that this is the 4Shure Euro knockoff without all the bells and whistles as the legacy edition

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

We already went through this when the box first came out, and BestBuy made the same mistake: Wrong description for the Japaneses 6 disc set:\

Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol. XII "The Cutting Edge"* »

11. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Seen one last weekend for $174

13. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I just paid $205 for (what should be!) the legit 18 Legacy version, and got free shipping to boot, from Movie Mars. I let it sit for almost 24 hours before buying, while waiting for a verification email from them that it was really the legit 18 CD version - and this morning they responded and said it was, so I bit.

On the chance the staff person who responded to me wasn't too sharp and this turns out to be the boot/knock off, or the Blu-Spec 6 CD set, I can easily get them to take it back since the ad specifies it is the legit version, with the Legacy label and UPC# etc. Worth taking a chance I think at that price, I can live with the hassle of a return as a potential outcome. I wasn't willing to pay the exhorbitant prices this set goes for but at $200, if it's legit, I'm quite happy.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Was this on Ebay? If so, it's gone.

15. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I searched for the UPC 4547366250633 on amazon, and it returns both the Japan Blu-spec and the 18 disc sets. moviemars is selling a copy of the Blu-spec in amazon marketplace. Please let us know what you end up receiving.

Thanks

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  16. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Will do!

17. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

18. Dwight Fry

Dwight Fry Forum Resident

I'm still kicking myself for not having been able to scrape together $600 while the set was readily available. I could care less about all the 45's and other nonsense--but those eighteen CD's are currently my white whale.

Part of me is maintaining hope that Sony will release some sort of scaled-down version of the 18-disc set. After all, I was dumb enough to pay extra to order that mono box from bobdylan.com to get the "exclusive" Brandeis CD, only to see that disc released in a jewel box not even six months later.

On the other hand, that $100 "Tell Tale Signs" bonus disc has never been offered at a discount, so who knows.

Right now, I'm not buying any CD's until my debit card gets docked for my pre-orders of the Dylan 1966 box and the Who's "My Generation" box. Which, of course, is making me paranoid that I'll soon be made aware of yet another "now you see it, now you don't" offer of the 18-disc "Cutting Edge" box.

I'll tell you--that boxed set is going to haunt me to my grave.

19. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I checked the neg feedback and someone is already returning their order as it was 6 disc version rather than 18 disc.
    Too bad as I would have grabbed one as well.

20. bluesbro

The 18 box was only sold at bobdylan.com. For a retailer to have it now, they would have had to buy some boxes directly from bobdylan.com with the sole purpose of resale them after time. Retailers dont do that, they go to their distributors. Their distributors never had this item. This set is OOP and most likely, never coming back. Be prepared to spend over $600 now to get one and roll your dice on eBay. Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but that's how it is right now.

21. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Yeah most likely that'll be the outcome for my order too - fully expecting I'll probably be returning whatever comes - though, on the other hand, I did get this exact email back from the clerk in response to my query, just fwiw:

Hello,

Yes, this item is the version with 18 discs.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Shelby
    Customer Service Representative

Well, I know I will never be "prepared" to spend that much on this set - or I would have done it in the first place, when it was still in print (I had contemplated, very briefly, and passed, rather quickly, upon seeing the ridiculous price point). It's not the absolute cost that bothers me personally - I could definitely swing it (and have paid a lot more for music that I judged was truly worth it) - it's the bang for buck ratio - which was, right out of the gate, even when this was still in print, EXTREMELY poor relative to so many other boxed sets. Take for example the new King Crimson DISCIPLINE-era boxed set that arrived on my doorstep this week which I'd pre-ordered - 11cd/3dvd-a/3blu-ray/2dvd set, all for $150 plus shipping - lavish box, tons of extras, setting a gold standard (as did the prior Crimson boxes) for quality and bang for buck. In that light, the Dylan set pricing of $600 (a whopping $33/disc, for mostly incomplete tracks, a number released previously) was just flat out ludicrous.

So for me, certainly, no bubble burst - would have been nice to get a copy of the Dylan 18 CD set at a decent price, sure - but if the Movie Mars thing doesn't pan out which I suspect will probably be the case, whatever incorrect set they send me goes back for refund, and life happily goes on.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    jamesmaya and bluesbro like this.
  22. bluesbro

This was my holy grail, so I had to have it. Complete Blonde on Blonde sessions and Sgt Pepper sessions is where the fanboy mode kicks in for me. I dont think I would have paid that kind of coin for any other boxset.

DrJ likes this.
  23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The only problem is the clerk is probably looking at a monitor with the info, not at the item in the warehouse. As long as it is easy to return it is no big deal.

bluesbro likes this.
  24. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Yes - I get it, believe me - probably not the right set - I think we've beaten this one into the ground.

25. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Anyway, good luck! :righton:

DrJ and mrjinks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.