EBay. Why you do this to me.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by coltlacey1, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Warning: if you buy higher end carts from eBay for strangely cheap there may be a reason. The guy had photos and I never even noticed the cantilever was snapped off. He also never stated that it was. I asked how many hours were on the stylus before I bought it and he said he was unsure, well now I get why he was unsure. Man. I really was so stoked to get home and set this thing up. Very pissed. Ugh. Paid $200 for the cart and no stylus from Japan. Had to order a new stylus from amazon for $190. I definitely did not come out on top for this deal like I really thought I was. I'll be more careful in the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

I'd just get your money back, which you can absolutely do!

LeeS, alan967tiger, MikeInFla and 3 others like this.
  3. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

I think I found the listing. Got to be the one where he said, "used. please see photos for cosmetic condition details includes box as shown. unit works perfectly without issues." Because that one doesn't have a stylus. The description is a flat-out lie.

4. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

ebay sellers basically must accept returns, it is part of Ebay's terms, even if the seller says they don't accept returns. I would contact them/open a claim on eBay if necessary.

LeeS, marcb, mwb and 5 others like this.
  5. coltlacey1

Absolutely right. I was very very unhappy. I'm just going to keep it. I already ordered the stylus. I'm just going to take the loss. Overall if I would have bought one from amazon it was about $360 so in total I paid out about $50 more than that with shipping included.

6. coltlacey1

Thanks for the support. This was a very very sad moment.

7. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

How was the seller's feedback? Hopefully you get it resolved quickly.

8. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Why not just cancel the Amazon shipment, get your money refunded, and get a NIB cartridge and $50? I'm quite lazy myself, but there won't be much effort involved.

9. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Fight the piece of s***!
    Good gawd man, get into him, you surely are in the right.
    I feel for you. May your new stylus eliminate memories of oxygen thieves on Ebay and you drift into a mellow world of analog audio.

utahusker, Reese and coltlacey1 like this.
  10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

"Item not as described." Can't possibly work "perfectly.' Odds are the guy might give you the cart or refund half your money, at least. If he doesn't want to work it out that way, he'll have to refund ALL your money. Don't take a beating when you don't have too!!!! You're encouraging him to rip off the next guy, too! And if he listed it as a "no returns" sale, that means HE has to pay for the return shipping if he described it inaccurately.

11. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Yeah good point, he will just do it to someone else.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  12. coltlacey1

Waiting for his reply I sent several emails that I was very displeased. He will know the fury.

utahusker, OcdMan and Ghostworld like this.
  13. coltlacey1

I did explain to him in my emails that he needs to not sell items that way. Especially leaving the damn stylus base attached to the cart to fool people!!!!

14. coltlacey1

That was a fantastic quote by the way. Thank you for that

tim185 likes this.
  15. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Good luck mate. Dont be too discouraged. Let us know here how you go.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  16. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

Forgot to mention, maybe post his ebay username here so he can be avoided.

Greetings btw - new here.

17. coltlacey1

Definitely. I have had bad deals before. I am just normally careful. This is a new one. I think I was blinded by all the gold on the mlx in the photos he posted.

Rolltide likes this.
  18. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Good. Maybe you can get some of your money back and keep the cartridge body.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  19. coltlacey1

On the plus side I think my at120e literally just broke in. That took longer than I had thought. The sound started to just not sound right. Lowered the tracking force a bit and sound is much better

20. coltlacey1

Or else the tubes have just changed the sound. They are really new...hummm

21. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Sorry OP but if you won't use Amazon disputes procedure I can't sympathise. If you pursue this you will absolutely get your money back through paypal who will deduct it from seller. You can send the stylus back to Amazon unopened for a refund within 30 days. Then buy a new cartridge which is the only safe way.

timztunz likes this.
  22. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I have on occasion had an item come in that's not 100% as described (stuff like a laptop stated as UK comes with a US keyboard so will cost me £10 to swap the keyboard). So I have written back and asked for an approriate percentage back. Every time the seller has agreed and it's been sorted out with little fuss.

I'd rather do that and be happy to leave them with positive feedback than get into a negative feedback war.

LeeS, nm_west and coltlacey1 like this.
  23. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

Why is it Amazon's problem when he bought it off a dodgy seller on ebay?

24. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

he bought a replacement stylus off amazon. if he doesn't need it he can return it. you are allowed to cancel/return stuff if you change your mind. they might make you pay for the return shipping if he can't cancel it before it ships.

Lost In The Flood and coltlacey1 like this.
  25. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

Fair enough. Amazon do have a great return policy. I misread Classicrock's post as saying he should claim through Amazon for the broken cartridge

coltlacey1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.