Echo & The Bunnymen's "Killing Moon"...in a CAR COMMERCIAL?!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vince, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LambertHoroscope

LambertHoroscope Forum Resident

2. margaritatoldtom

margaritatoldtom Well-Known Member

ok- not here in the us......i really don't see that happening here, and i'm not sure whether i should be happy about it or sad ...lol.
    and thanks for the upload, l.h.s!
    cheers,
    rob

3. 007james

007james Forum Resident

I was surprised after hearing "Mazzy Star's - Into Dust" for a game commercial about a year back..

4. GuyS.

GuyS. Forum Resident

I doubt I would ever of heard of Nick Drake if his music hadn't been popularized by Pink Moon appearing in a VW Golf ad. For that, I am eternally grateful.

driverdrummer, ARK and bibijeebies like this.
  5. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

The British deathmetal band Paradise Lost was once used for (I think) a Kenwood car stereo commercial. It was different.
    And a long time ago, sometime late 90's.

6. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

I like this song getting more exposure. It's a staple on So. Cal. modern rock radio, but friends in other big markets had never heard it until recently.

BTW, Ian McCulloch was on a local station once calling this the greatest song from the greatest album, so it's got that going for itself.

7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I think it was taken out of the Director's Cut of the film actually, and only used (very effectively) in the opening scene of the original theatrical version.

Fortunately I have never seen the car commercial that started this thread, but I resurrected it after hearing the mighty "The Killing Moon" tonight while shopping at Whole Foods and it just stopped me in my tracks. One of those songs that just hits me every single time!

Synthfreek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.