Ed Helms Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm currently rewatching The Office (US) and once again I am struck just how great Helms was/is of a comedic actor. As you watch him throughout the series you really see his wide range of ability He seems to have a very deep well of comedic influences. I see so much classic comedy in his style. He can do the broad classic sitcom stuff with just as much ease as the modern-awkward takes.

I've seen some of the films he's done and I don't ever get the same sense of satisfaction watching any of the characters he's played on film. It's as if we get a muted version of Helms himself and rarely a character as rich as an Andy Bernard. I did enjoy Cedar Rapids but still wish we could see another outing of his pure comedic chops like he demonstrated in The Office.

This may be weird to suggest but I think Helms could really have been a huge titan in the comedy world. He still can be technically, since he is relatively young but his current trajectory tells me that he's quite comfortable with the typical undemanding roles in the films he's been making as of late.

What does everyone think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.