Eddie Murphy - Delirious laserdisc

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by poweragemk, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member Thread Starter

Hey folks,
    Without discussing the actual content of the show (which would be ribald even if this weren't a family forum, heh), can anyone tell me how rare/hard-to-find the Delirious laserdisc is? I checked eBay and there's not a copy on there, but I just picked one up at lunch for $25. I know the non-bootleg VHS tape is OOP too, and I'd be surprised if this one made it to DVD any time soon.

FWIW, the platter appears to have been made in Japan.

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I don't know exactly how hard to find it is, but the cost for the used VHS on Amazon goes for around $50 on up to $90-something. I'd say you did okay.

3. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I had a near mint copy on VHS that my friend copied to DVD-R for me. Then I sold the video for $25 on ebay. I would say $25 for the laserdisc is a good price.

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I wonder what the hold-up for the DVD release is?

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Eddie, from what I understand. I've heard he doesn't want it to be released.

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Hmmm, too un-PC in 2004? Is he a "mature" actor now with all those movies like "Haunted Mansion" or whatever? :laugh:

7. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member Thread Starter

Have you seen the show, Sam? There's some material that crosses the PC border re: AIDS and homosexuality that Eddie's probably not proud of at this point...

8. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

Eddie's un-PC material may not be appropriate, but it was an honest reflection of his humor at the time. I think the bigger crime is the direction his career has gone since the '90s - he once had an edge, but now makes crappy kiddie movies.

I think giving up standup comedy was the worst thing he ever did for his career. :mad:

9. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'd bet that's what it is. Eddie as the Donkey in Shrek 1 & 2, countless other family roles like Dr. Doolittle and such.

Then someone picks up Delirious and has a heart attack. I don't think Eddie wants to be known as a comedian that slammed gays and such.

I remember being a teenager and sneaking in those records, only to get in big trouble!

10. stypee

stypee New Member

Exactly and since his career went down the toilet in the early 90's he found a new niche in doing kid flicks (as someone mentioned The Haunted Mansion) so it would be a bit of challange to find that and even RAW. If someone does see RAW for sale somewhere, let me know, I'd sell my VHS copy.

11. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

RAW might be a bit tougher to find, since Paramount didn't remaster and repress that laserdisc like they did with "Delirious". From what I can tell, the LD doesn't look much better then the VHS tape.

12. duse

duse Senior Member

Which movie had him doing Elvis and the lemonade bit?

13. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

It wasn't a movie, it was the Delirious special. Also available on CD as Eddie Murphy: Comedian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.