DCC Archive Editing Question for Steve

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lukpac, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member Thread Starter

Ok, recently you mentioned that you did an edit on the Zombies disc to splice in a mono intro to a stereo track. In the past, however, you've said you can't do edits, as they would involve a workstation which (in your mind) would degrade the sound. Thick As A Brick comes right to mind (both the break around 17:21 and the count-in).

How/why did you do the edit on the Zombies disc? Why didn't you do that for the Tull CD?

I still contend that ProTools does NOT change the sound of files when doing edits.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Luke, you never heard of old-fashioned razor blade editing?

Pro Tools ain't all that. It just happens to be the biggest and perhaps oldes editing software for the Macintosh, so most studios still use it. The Mac may have been the best game in town years ago but even the PC has made serious inroads into the pro studio and will continue to do so, as Pro Tools is the most expensive and perhaps overrated software out there. The main ProTools is hardware dependant so it makes older studio cats feel more comfortable.

3. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member Thread Starter

Sure I have, but it seems hard to believe that Steve would take the knife to master tapes...

I don't exactly know what your problem is, but I only mentioned ProTools because it's what *I* use, and I haven't noticed any problems with it. FWIW, ProTools Free exists for the home user, which is 1) free, and 2) not dependant on any special hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.