Elac: Miracord Turntable 90th Anniversary Edition Elac: Miracord Turntable 90th Anniversary Editi

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by donniewn, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donniewn

donniewn Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

They demoed the oiled walnut version on the show circuit last year, good to see it in production. I'm not as much sold on the looks as you, I don't particularly like that aluminum (?) wrap around in the front and back, but always nice to see a belt drive table that includes a speed controller with pitch adjustment (I guess that is what the somewhat clunky looking power knob is for on the right). Tonearm resembles Clearaudio in some respects, but the table looks all original, doesn't look like a rebadge of anything .. but $2500 does place it in a pretty competitive section of market so I think it will need to distinguish itself with good performance ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. donniewn

donniewn Forum Resident Thread Starter

For 2500 bones i've got to know how it sounds. i just love the look . yeah the pitch control is great. the platter is a brick also . comparing what you get to other tables in this price range it's very competitive.

4. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

As many of you already know, the Elac Miracord 90 is on sale this month from various retailers including Audio Advisor for $1500. I am thinking about pulling the trigger. Can anyone talk me out of it, or provide reviews? The main competition for me would be a Technics SL-1210GR. Here is the Audio Advisor link:

ELAC Miracord 90 Turntable with Cartridge-Audio Advisor

5. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I heard the deck as a complete package including a cart and at a UK price of £2,000+ I thought it not only sounded great, but was excellent value and extremely competitive, for $1500 I think it's a real bargain, I can't really comment on how it compares to the GR, they take very different approaches, but if it was my money I'd go for the Miracord, it's a really nice package that seems to have been very well thought out and was designed to take on $3,000 and above decks which for me it really succeeds at.

NOS300B likes this.
  7. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

NOS300B likes this.
  8. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

That does look good...

NOS300B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.