Elecrocompaniet ECP-1 Phono Stage. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gretsch6136, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gretsch6136

Gretsch6136 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi There,

I have one of these phono stages and to my ear it sounds pretty great. However I have no idea how it compares to other high quality phono stages. Can anyone out there with suitable experience help to clue me in?

Thanks,

Mark

2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I can't offer any comment about this particular product, but I sat in on a demo of their equipment at the last New York Audio Show, which included wireless bookshelf and tower speaker systems, and it all sounded fantastic, it's a company I'm going to keep my eye on.

3. Gretsch6136

Thanks. Anyone else heard an ECP1?

4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I have one that I picked up with some other equipment, my plan was to sell it, but so far it has kept it's place here, I haven't done any serious comparisons against my Trichord Dino/Dino+ or my Lehmann Black Cube and I do intend some serious phono stage upgrades this year, but I'm currently playing an Ortofon MC30 Supreme through the Electrocompaniet and I have to say I'm quite happy with the sound to the extent it's not been sold. My opinion is purely based on listening to it in the same system as my other stages and without direct comparison of the same carts on the same decks is that it holds it's own with stages around the £500 mark which considering the original retail price it should whether it is up there with the current best at the £1,000 mark is something I'm much more sceptical of, but that is a really competitive area these days. There was a UK company that made a dedicated power supply for the ECP-1, I'm not sure they still do, but according to the reviews that took it to a much higher level, if I decide to keep mine in the long term a better power supply will be on my list. In conclusion, if you are happy with it then just enjoy using it, I think you'd have to spend at least £1,000 to get anything noticeably better and even then you may prefer how the ECP-1 does it's job.

5. beppe

beppe Forum Resident

All Electrocompaniet are good stuff.

6. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

From the quick scan of a review it's supposed to have great bass. That would be enough for me:)

7. AmericanHIFI

AmericanHIFI Long live analog (and current digital).

Great phono stage. I used one for a while. Keep it and maximize it along the way (I.e. power cord, etc).

8. Gretsch6136

Thanks mate. I've upgraded the power supply with a custom built one and that's given it more of everything.

9. AmericanHIFI

AmericanHIFI Long live analog (and current digital).

My pleasure. I could see that elevating its performance pretty significantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.