"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

When I used to watch Elementary OTA or later on cable the sound was always atrocious. Especially the volume difference between the show and the commercials. Since cord-cutting I cast episodes from CBS.Com and all that has gone away. I don't know about low-frequency distortion since I don't have sub-woofers, but over the TV speakers the sound is fine and the commercials don't blast.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. Looks like they are going back to Holmes newest Nemesis, so the show may regain "Focus"

3. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I caught a number of episodes this year (OTA via Directv) and the sound quality was much better except for the episode that aired on 8/20/2018. For some reason, there were several scenes in this episode where I couldn't understand a word of dialogue from both Joan and Sherlock (it felt like it was several years ago). I have a feeling the local CBS affiliate was at fault.

4. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Not really. I'm glad next week is the season finale. Weak season.

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

What ever happened to the story line about Moriarty returning and coming after Holmes' father who had assumed leadership of her organization?

6. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

That may come up next week as police look for suspects.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep, and for the carry over to next year.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Quite an interesting and unexpected ending to the season!

alduchaney likes this.
  9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

totally agree.

very very well done.

already looking forward to next season, lots of different possibilities and the probable end for a couple of big cast members.

Paper Wizard likes this.
  10. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Yes, and I hope the new season takes off from there. (Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.) Overall, I think this was the strongest episode of the season.

alduchaney and Veggie Boy like this.
  11. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Even though it's been renewed for another season, last night's episode felt more like a series finale rather than a season finale.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Shawn, Prudence1964 and Paper Wizard like this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Agreed, would have been perfect for a series finale. Perhaps it was planned before they knew of a renewal.

Shawn, Karnak and Paper Wizard like this.
  13. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

It was originally supposed to be a series finale but writers then found out it would be renewed. Excellent season overall.

Karnak and Lonson like this.
  14. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I did not see that coming!

Pleasantly surprised, after my going through varying states of interest this past season.
    As stated, the season finale could have worked perfectly for a series finale. Now it can serve as a fresh start, to which I am looking forward.

alduchaney and Karnak like this.
  15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

and i'll say it again:

johnny lee miller should be nominated for an emmy.

Dennis Metz and Shawn like this.
  16. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I had the last three episodes on PVR and watched them last night. Thanks for not spoiling it. Season finale was indeed best I've seen this season.

I thought it could have been a series finale but am looking forward to next season.

17. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I thought so too, but again without spoilers, a fresh start might be just what it needs. (Not that it ever suffered in my opinion!)

Paper Wizard likes this.
  18. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

Mixed feelings about the season finale since it's coming back.

audiomixer likes this.
  19. audiomixer

:whistle:

20. audiomixer

IMO...the worst season ever. All over the place, little continuity...just a mess.

21. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I think part of the reason this year was "all over the place" was because everyone from producers, writers, and actors were under the impression that this was the last year for the show, and they wanted to resolve, or at least cover the bases, in terms of some sort of resolution for the various characters that were introduced over the years (Joan, Morland, Mycroft, Moriarty, Gregson, Marcus, etc.). The addition of another season was totally unexpected.

eddiel and audiomixer like this.
  22. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Just caught up on the last three episodes..oh man what a finale..and using my favorite band’s song in the process!

Karnak likes this.
  23. I wonder if they've written themselves in to a corner a bit.

With the show now set in London (as there's seemingly no way Sherlock can return to the US), will the show now be filmed there? It's not like New York is an easy stand-in for London. Likewise, I'd expect they'd need almost all actors to now speak with a UK accent.

eddiel and audiomixer like this.
  24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I just caught up this week and watched the last three episodes this evening. Apparently they had already filmed the ending when they found out they had an order for 7 more episodes.

Here's a recent interview with Rob Doherty, the show runner: Elementary Boss Talks Finale's Big Move, Previews Season 7 Time Jump

He mentions they start season 7 in their new location but says there could be something the pulls them back to NYC. I also saw an article online that had a picture of Lui and Miller on set in NYC and she had her hair dyed blond, which I don't remember her having in Season 6. Could be something for Season 7. Picture was dated July 2018.

There was also an interview with Jon Michael Hill, who plays Marcus, and his comments regarding Season 7 made it sound like he was definitely coming back.

Looking forward to Season 7!

Shawn likes this.
  25. Interesting. Wondering if those forthcoming 7 episodes are the last, or will there be more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.