"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I recall the scene just not Holmes ever stating that was the way it happened.

Funny you should mention the personal assistant, she's one of those characters when first introduced I wonder if they'll be involved in the crime or not; like the son at the company of the dead man who fires Holmes. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. So, the fact that she is the only witness made me suspicious, as well.

2. bresna

bresna Senior Member

One of the coolest aspects of this show is that Sherlock is a big audiophile. They often zoom in on his Mcintosh stereo, to the point where you can read the model numbers. :)

3. A terrific premise but badly written and bungled in my opinion. This s an example of a script that needed a two hour treatment to develop everything rather than trying to squash it I to 46 minutes.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Yeah, I agree, a little too much going on and not enough time to completely develop it. This one might have been a lesser episode but it's one of the few, for the most part I find the series to be amazingly consistent for a weekly full-season series. I did enjoy the subplot with Holmes repeatedly sending Watson to the dry cleaners to test her deductive skills, that was fun.

wayneklein likes this.
  5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

At times it did feel as if I was watching two separate shows.

6. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Did anyone else notice the irony of him listening to an old, beat up Victrola on the floor this week, while he has a bitchin' McIntosh system in the next room (that we just saw last week)?

7. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Yeah I noticed that, too. Assumed he couldn't play an old 78 on the Mac.

8. I agree. I kind of wish they had taken the time to develop this better. Agreed aAvout the subplot.

9. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I don't think the Mcintosh MT10 can play 78s.

10. progrocker71

Overall I thought it was a great season of TV, really looking forward to next fall.

11. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Interesting that they did NOT end with a cliffhanger. Nice to have the season tied up.

12. progrocker71

That was a refreshing change of pace for sure. The season finale was expertly handled.

Shawn likes this.
  13. I was really happy with Elementary over the course of its first season. Miller has been a great Sherlock and the easygoing chemistry with Lucy Liu has been fun to watch. I wasn't that happy with the twist concerning Irene Adler, but we shall see how the show handles it from here.

14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Finally saw the finale. Wow. Natalie Dormer. :love:

[​IMG]

Tex_Writer likes this.
  15. progrocker71

Very wise casting choice, she was great as Irene.

16. Lonson

I agree. She's great in everything I've seen her in.

17. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I just had a chance to watch the two hour finale last night and I thought it was really well done and enjoyable. This has become my favorite current show and it will be a long, excruciating wait for the next season. Miller has also become my favorite Holmes. As a marathon runner myself, I got a kick out of seeing Miller's 26.2 tattoo under his bullet wound. And I've fallen hopelessly in love with Natalie Dormer.

18. Lonson

[​IMG]Check Natalie out in The Tudors while you're waiting for Elementary to return. :)

19. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Some nice lines in the last episode:

"My father was a Lovecraft-ian horror...",

& "She is remarkable in a way you cannot imagine..."

among others. And the title, "Paint It Black". :thumbsup:

20. This show has slowed down a bit in its second season. I guess the reveal about Mycroft and Sherlock's relationship with the NSA will now lead to more stories in that direction.

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I'm assuming Mycroft works for MI6 (and therefore did not want Sherlock to contact the agent from the NSA, as his own 'team' was working on this case). That would be in keeping with the spirit of his character from the original stories. The last episode ended as he was about to explain to Watson.

22. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

HP fan too.

23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

For the first time, Mycroft is finally becoming interesting.

24. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I agree. Since the original stories had Mycroft working for the government, I wondered why they had him owning restaurants in this version of Holmes. Now, it would seem, he has been and is working for the British government. I think Mycrort could become an extrelely interesting character next year.

AJH.

25. Lonson

I have never really enjoyed a Sherlock Holmes adaptation as much as I have this one. Miller is great, but I think it's Liu that has made me a fan. Her portrayal of Watson is so natural and yet solid. In this last episode I really expected and believed that she would care for that wounded "soldier" so much, struck me how that was a nice bit that grew out of the character's nature.

Karnak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.