"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

She might be back, never know.

2. I think Kitty was a failed experiment on the show, personally. It made Joan a much less important character. The show has been struggling with what to do with her, since I think they have decided Joan and Sherlock will never develop a romantic relationship.

Lightworker and Karnak like this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

joan moving back in........

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I liked the Kitty involvement this season and how it made Joan a detective on her own, and also helped her to decide what she needed in her life, and how it made Sherlock decipher what he wanted and needed. It brought a welcome newness to the show and now I think the Holmes and Watson team will be back but in a stronger way.

5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I don't know why, but I just cannot watch this show.

6. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

What Miller can convey with just a facial expression is why I watch this show.

7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I was wondering if the Kitty character would become a regular cast member. I grew to like her character but I do think the show works better with just Joan and Sherlock as a team.

I tell you though, I must be watching too much TV though. When Joan announced that she took a job at an insurance company I said to myself, "That sounds weird. I bet there's something more to this story line". It felt like some sort of set up. :)

8. I actually thought what they did with Joan's boss was fairly sneaky, I didn't see that coming.

9. Lonson

This has been a good season for me, one of the best. . . . I really like how Joan's journey led to her self-discovery and her committment to the work. And I think now Sherlock and Joan are really going to be in lock step, and Moriarity may return as well!

10. Lonson

Been some time since this thread has been up. I really love that John Noble is a cast member, it's a role so much more worthy of his talent than his time on "Sleepy Hollow."

This last episode caused me to laugh out loud in the first minutes when we saw the ID of the victim. . . . "Hound of the Baskervilles" indeed. ;)

11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm enjoying this season. I like John Noble but I sure do have a hard time hearing what he's saying. Reminds me of some of the older gents I worked with when I lived in England. But I could hear them as I was standing next to them when they spoke to me :)

12. Lonson

Interesting. I've read complaints about the sound throughout this thread. . . I hear all characters well. I hear John fine. He makes me miss Fringe!

13. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

And he's Australian, with brits all over American TV, they must have been able to find one. Nice that they don't mind where you come from as long as it seems right.

eddiel likes this.
  14. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

[​IMG]

chacha likes this.
  15. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

I am not as far season wise. (Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 is my favorite weekly dose of shocker - love the way they use the music to add the emotionl aspects of the family/friends portrait, that makes SOA so appealing and human).Anyway we are always a couple seasons behind but I like Sherlock's jairstyle and the way the pair interacts.
    BTW the best SHERLOCK HOLMES character , that had no real similarities with the Arthur Conan Dole persona was YOUNG SHERLOCK in Spielberg's movie - The Hidden Temple- WhereWatson + Holmes mee at a London college and Sherlock loses the love of his live - a reason why he stays single later on. Geat effects and one ogf spielberg's best but not so widely known or commercially suvccesful movues. I loved it.
    This Sherlock hs nothing in common with the british gentlemen detective BESIDES his clear way of logical thinking, connecting dots and BERSVATION of each detail. plus the drug problem- still among the best 3 series aired every week in germany - Even better is the guy who is chasing Red John. The hottest female detectives come as a bonus..

16. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Funny that they finally gave Sherlock a potential love interest a few episodes back and we have never seen her since.

17. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Sherlocks Dad- Walter from Fringe and the father of Ichabod Crane - Sleepy Hollow....is the same character in different clothes. I can't understand what the hell he is saying half time as well.

18. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I liked the episode where they encountered each other on the street and proceeded to get into a fight,
    each pulling out collapsible police batons and going at each other. That's how I like my Lucy Liu.

[​IMG]

19. I do remember that episode, it was a fun encounter to see them fight.

Lightworker likes this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

has 'elementary' been renewed for next year yet?

21. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They've changed its broadcast schedule, that's seldom a good sign.

At least they didn't move it to the Friday or Saturday night ghettos. The Sunday slot is kind of prestigious.

22. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

It hasn't been renewed yet, although the ratings aren't very good. According to TV By The Numbers, it's currently a tossup between renewal or cancellation.

23. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

Not sure if Sunday night won't be the final nail in the coffin of this series (which I really like.)
    Only 18 episodes have been described online, down from 24 in Seasons 1-3, with two yet to air.
    With the warm weather approaching (already here?,) Sunday night is not exactly 'TV Night.'

24. It will likely get a short fifth season like Person of Interest received this year and then get canceled. Lucy Liu's presence makes it an easy sell in overseas syndication.

25. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

He speaks proper English, might prove difficult for some 'Muricans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.