ELO's Zoom....stinks...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kwadguy, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boothster84

boothster84 New Member

me and my dad got ours off Ebay, didn't pay that much for them. glad i have it now :winkgrin:

2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I attended the first of the two nights' concerts for the "Zoom Tour Live" DVD, and it's worth noting that all of the "fans" who had received tickets via the fan club, etc. were on the floor, while the sort of bleacher-type seating behind the floor seats was filled mostly with media types (as well as apparently a few "celebrities"). I noticed through most of the concert that the floor crowd had a great time and the others behind us weren't quite as enthusastic.

3. boothster84

boothster84 New Member

thats too bad that those people weren't having a good time. i would have loved to be there. i think eveyone on hear knows that, :D

4. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Thats it! I didn't even buy the CD from the store I got it from. They couldn't give those discs away and they were sitting on the counter. You reminded me that about the coupon but I never bothered.

Jeff was interviewed live at some point but it was very sad to watch the whole Zoom thing go bust. He should have booked himself into smaller venues.

Thanks for the info!

5. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Besides one-track promo CD singles which may have been around, there was a commercial single for "Alright" that added "Love Changes All" and the extended version of "Do Ya" (both from the "Flashback" set), while there was also a pretty obscure "Moment in Paradise" CD single which featured three additional tracks all from the "Zoom Tour Live" concert, which is the only CD release to date of any tracks from the concert. (The live tracks were "Alright", "Mr. Blue Sky", and "Livin' Thing"). Interestingly, the live tracks are referred to on the CD as "PBS 2001 Version", referring to the fact that the show was broadcast on PBS prior to being released on DVD. Of course, anybody who might have bought the CD who didn't know that the live show was shot for PBS might be totally confused by that track description.

I have the "Moment in Paradise" single, and the artwork on it is about as bland and dull as it could possible be. The cover is basically the back cover shot from the "Zoom" album. so all it has is a bit of whatever that ring thing is, one of the metallic-looking ball thingies, and some reflective spot thingies. The CD has the ELO logo screened in black and white. The tracks on the CD sound great, though.

I think the "Alright" CD single was issued in the UK, but I'm not even sure if the "MIP" CD single was issued in the UK. I think my copy is Dutch.

6. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

Funny thing is that the UK division of SONY EPIC didn't want "Alright" to be the lead single from "Zoom" at all. They would have liked "MIP" to have been the first single from the album, and I agree since I think "MIP" would have had a better chance to be a hit had it been released first.

7. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

Yes, it was released in June 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.