ELP Fanfare Box - Studio Albums Plus Unreleased Live Audio Out 9/29/17

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Interested a bit, however - what's the sound quality on the live stuff? And why oh why oh why is the '73 live set vinyl only???

AidanB likes this.
  3. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

If I didn't already own the four remasters - or did own a turntable - I'd have been slightly interested. Looks to me like they sat around asking themselves what they could put in an expensive box rather than having a natural project in hand.

RangerXT and privit1 like this.
  4. Nothing interests me in the box, except the Italian show and the '72 PA show. Punt.

bluesky, Matthew Tate and AidanB like this.
  5. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I was interested until I saw the price. Madness.

Malina, footlooseman and AidanB like this.
  6. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I'm interested, but I also hope there's a sale or discount on down the road.

AidanB likes this.
  7. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm hoping they put the live audio out separately, maybe as an RSD thing or something. Definitely want the live audio

RangerXT, hi_watt and AidanB like this.
  8. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident

Anybody know if the 5.1 surrounded remixes are released anywhere else? That and as other people have have said the Italy shows, and maybe the PA show are the only things I care about in this. That price is rediculous though.

kanakaris likes this.
  9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I'm sure BMG will release the live shows later.... business as usual.

10. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Definitely interested in the live stuff and the remaster of Welcome Back My Friends . . . . . . the rest I don't really care about.

I generally don't care much about remasters, I have zero interest in 5.1 stuff, "rough mixes" generally have been disappointing to me, etc. The only time I care about remasters is when an original had notoriously wonky sound, as was the case with Welcome Back, which I love otherwise.

Well, either that or when it's something like the Zappa reissues where stuff was significantly changed. I don't expect that in this case, though.

Scott6 and SKean like this.
  11. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Oh, and kind of a bummer that the Emerson, Lake and Powell album isn't part of the deal (especially as I see that as their last hurrah as ELP in the studio), but I suppose it's understandable why.

12. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Need to know the provenance of these "new" live recordings. Not falling for polished up bootlegs ever again. Plus need to see setlists. ELP were not The Dead, so no interest in same old shows from previously available tours.

Frozensoda and Pete Puma like this.
  13. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Just as others have stated, I may be interested in the live material if it is released separately...

...but even then, I will be extremely cautious. I haven't forgotten about those "Manticore Vaults" live box sets!

Mikewest, ytserush, Bemsha and 3 others like this.
  14. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

I'll stick with what I've got...you can have too much ELP.

But I have got quite a bit.

AidanB likes this.
  15. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

no works live? no albert hall or then and now?

bet that means we also don't get associated bonus tracks with the albums but hope I am wrong. why do it so big if you are not gonna do it truly complete?

16. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Recon there will be overpriced box set with only some live shows for the fans, and missing some significant mixes quad and 5.1.

I'm out of this cash grab

Bemsha and hi_watt like this.
  17. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

DVDA of all of them though BSS was in another overpriced box, and why not include the original BOSS 5.1 mix as well as Jakko's mix

AidanB and Lownote30 like this.
  18. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Give it 6 months...this will all be reissued again in yet another form.

19. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

They'll be running out of people to buy this sort of thing before too long.

Better make their money while they can.

Malina likes this.
  20. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

Works Live is probably included as part of Works 2, judging by the recent remasters.

Say It Right likes this.
  21. bizmopeen

bizmopeen Senior Member

I dunno, I didn't pull the trigger on the 5.1 mixes a few years back and it looks like the self-titled ELP set is going for stupid money now, so I might get this.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

WAY too many past-their-prime ('90s) live sets. (Anyone heard that live material on the 3LP set?)

And for a box packaged and priced as sort of the last word, it seems to be missing all the non-5.1 bonus material from the recent reissues. That's ridiculous.

Bemsha likes this.
  23. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

except they point out works 1 being 2 cds but not the others.

it could be wrong and I am hoping it is but it seems poor marketing not to say what is actually included.

24. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

What imbeciles. I got rid of my turntable in 1987, have zero interest in revitalizing my vinyl interests at all. Stupidity is alive and well in the ELP management camp.
    We fans deserve better than this crap. I've already bought numerous versions of their remasters on CD. Give it to me on bluray audio for god's sake.

And, know your fan base you idiots (ELP management).

Bemsha, AidanB, Vaughan and 1 other person like this.
  25. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

just noticed this on the listing what the heck is a vanilla cd?

"13 x card wallet CDs, containing: The remastered 11 original albums (1970-94) (first time as vanilla CD) "

also that seems to confirm that the bonus live discs included in pictures at a exhibition works II black moon and in the hot seat will not be included here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.