ELP Fanfare Box - Studio Albums Plus Unreleased Live Audio Out 9/29/17

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huge ELP fan here. These endless reissues are ridiculous. Sorry.

2. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

3. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

I think I know the answer to my own question but...
    Are all these decisions made by suits who only care about a quick return on their investment for no/minimal work?
    Long live rock.

AidanB, giantleech and Pete Puma like this.
  4. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

"Super Deluxe" are the magic words to Hoffmanites.

5. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

Oh my. BMG should have released this box set first, instead of re-releasing the seperate albums first. I simply can't afford, nor want, to buy them again. I'm only interested in tle 70's discs and the 5.1 mix of Brain Salad Surgery, anyway. If there will be a stand alone CD of the Milan show, i'll buy that.

SKean, Runicen, Bemsha and 2 others like this.
  6. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

In the comments on the Pledge site someone commented that they didn't want to shell out for the box only to have the live stuff issued separately later on. A reply was given - " there are no plans to release the rare live material separately." Maybe that'll change but I wouldn't count on it.

7. Doctor Flang

The Milan show was recorded professionally, and Hoedown from that performance on the From the Beginning box set sounds stunning.

penguinzzz, SKean and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

More audience recordings then?

9. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

maybe if we all comment angrily on the comments area they will get the message.

should have just been a nice box of the new live things to supplement the reissue program instead of a halfhearted "complete" box set (that omits original live albums)

10. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

The 3 LP inclusion makes this an automatic no sale for me.

Its not like there aren't other ways to get the studio albums on CD, but it would have been nice to have 'em all in a set. Oh well.

SKean likes this.
  11. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

The Super Deluxe version has already sold out before release
    I'm an ELP completist so this has pissed me off!

12. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

records..... count me out

13. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

This box is good for the new fan: I have all the 5.1s and albums.... not rebuying that lot again!

warp2600, SKean and Mirror Image like this.
  14. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Wow the regular box set says only 2 left. I wonder how many they made. That's very fast to sell out.

15. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

• Audio Blu-Ray, containing the stereo 5:1 and surround sound mixes of the albums:
    • EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
    • TARKUS (STEVEN WILSON, 2012)
    • TRILOGY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2015)
    • BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (JAKKO M JAKSZYK, 2014)

So, yes. These have been released before.

16. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

I just want the debut and Tarkus in 5.1. I have trilogy and the old BBS DVD-a.

I've got my old LP's, various imports, the entire Victory catalog on cd, Manticore bootleg boxes, picture discs, etc.

17. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Doesn't matter since this is another "Get me a Ladder" show. A pro-recorded Trilogy show is just about the only thing I'd have any interest in, live-wise. Every other tour has been covered to death.

Mikewest and AidanB like this.
  18. Bemsha

Bemsha Forum Resident

Live at Pocono is from July 9, 1972

19. penguinzzz

penguinzzz Forum Resident

The early 73 shows were quite different in approach to the late 73/74 shows - still quite loose and experimental - and I'd be more than happy to get something decent sounding from that tour, if I could get it without having to buy the whole box. It's a shame they'd dropped Abaddon's earlier in the tour though.

And as said above Pocono 72 is from the Trilogy tour. Hopefully good sound (?) it's a festival set obviously but with luck they played The Endless Enigma which was the only thing from Trilogy which was exclusively played throughout that tour.

20. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Are you talking about the two sold out versions that also include test pressings of either the two singles or the three live in Italy LPs? If you are a "super completist" then I guess you would possibly have wanted both limited boxes with each of these test pressing offerings, but I am guessing that a regular run-of-the-mill type completist will be fine with not having these redundant (and unnecessary) test pressings included with their meal.

dougb222 and Rufus rag like this.
  21. Mirror Image

Mirror Image 200 Years Of Anton Bruckner

Looks like a beautiful box set, but, alas, I don’t need it. It’s also too expensive for what it is. The live material should be interesting, but, as another member pointed out, I’d have to read reviews of the audio quality before even considering it.

Rufus rag likes this.
  22. Mirror Image

Mirror Image 200 Years Of Anton Bruckner

Agreed. :righton:

23. Beeb Fader

Beeb Fader Forum Resident

I am wondering where these `new' live recordings have miraculously appeared from I must admit...it's all very well having super boxed sets like this, but you've ideally got to have something to put in them that you haven't released a zillion times before. With ELP it's always the sound of the barrel being scraped.

Except for the Mar-Y-Sol gig which appeared on `from The Beginning'....that was stunning.

Somehow I doubt that these `unheard' shows will be of that quality, or anywhere close....but you never know, stranger things have happened

Bemsha likes this.
  24. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Gotta go with this. I picked up the remasters as my first digital copies of these albums and then they drop a box containing the same? I thought conventional wisdom was drop the brick first and then start chipping off pieces. Guess nobody got the memo on this one.

Scottb, dougb222 and SKean like this.
  25. Doctor Flang

Does anybody know if the was festival professionally recorded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.