Elvis Costello to duet with Wanda Jackson

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

This news item is dated July 13, 2003, but I just came across it:

elvis-costello.com

Elvis & Wanda Jacksom
    The July Mojo w/ REM on the cover has a small item on page 16, about Wanda Jackson recording a new lp callled Heart Trouble with Elvis Costello, the Cramps & Rosie Flores. It says it will be out in September.
    (Submitted by Bill Brown)

--
    "The duet between Costello and Jackson, 'Crying Time', was recorded 'live' in the studio (Elvis insisted on this), using Costello's hand-picked musicians, including pedal steel guitarist John McFee and drummer Pete Thomas."

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sounds neat.

Rosie. :love: She's the uncrowned queen of Gal-A-Billy.

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

Yep. I've never seen her performed live, but I can hear that she's got that genuine rockabilly rhythm in her bones!:thumbsup:

4. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

I'm not the Costello fan I was twenty years ago, but anything that makes people more aware of Wanda Jackson is a good thing.

5. (see below)

6. Wow, Don! I have been a Costello fan since 'Get Happy!' and I honestly think
    his last few lp's (Useless Beauty, Painted From Memory, When I Was Cruel, et al.)
    are among his very best!

Being able to score has broadened his sonic palette considerably!

7. quentincollins

quentincollins Forum Word Nerd

Ugh. Not to thread crap here, but I "heard" her live at Bumbershoot (an annual music & arts festival in Seattle held on labor day weekend) last Saturday, where I happened to be working for one of the many food vendors (the blues stage where she performed was right across from where I was stationed), and we had people coming up to us asking where they could find better music. Hell, I'm a big fan of rockabilly and older music, and even I couldn't stand her voice. Sounded like she was 104! Definitely not for my taste...

Your mileage may vary, though.

8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I love the handful of Wanda Jackson tracks that I have on various collections. Anyone have a recommendation for a full-fledged Wanda Jackson collection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.