Elvis Presley All-Star Tribute Concert tonight on NBC

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikaelaArsenault, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. garyt1957

garyt1957 Forum Resident

Boring, imo. Hard to believe any non Elvis fans watched 2 hours of that. Needed more Elvis and less "stars"

3. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Wow, that "tribute" lacked so much energy it was bizarre. Outside of the Gospel medley, John Fogerty and Adam Lambert, and kinda surprisingly Mac Davis, it was unwatchable. Blake Shelton was not a fit at all.

MikaelaArsenault and hobbes4444 like this.
  4. htbomb

htbomb Hot Rod

When I first attempted to watch the show I turned it off during the first song. Cutting back and forth between Elvis and Blake was no contest. I immediately switched "channels" and watched the original show. There's only one Elvis.

A few days later I returned to the special and enjoyed a few of the performances - the best honored but didn't try to impersonate Elvis.

5. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I would rather just watch Elvis.:righton:

6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I didnt expect much but I thought it was a very nice program. The performers all did a good job.

7. garyt1957

garyt1957 Forum Resident

Totally agree. Blake Shelton was as bland as could be. Fogerty, Lambert, and Davis are actually Elvis fans and may be why their performances were better. I agree Mac Davis was really good, and he stood out in the "jam session" portion which was sad. They announced it as totally unrehearsed. Well, maybe they should've rehearsed a little because that had absolutely no energy. Even worse compared to clips of Elvis' jam session on the special. I wonder if Shelton and J-Lo were contractually bound to do it as both work on NBC shows? If you're an Elvis fan I guess it was good because it showed how much more charisma and energy Elvis had than these current crop of stars.

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I tried watching it and I agree it was rather boring. It lacked energy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.