Elvis Presley Deletions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hotmale3606, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotmale3606

Hotmale3606 New Member Thread Starter

I thought I had read in a previous thread about the Elvis Presley titles being deleted by RCA. I don't know whether we ever got to the bottom of it, but tonight, I went to purchase the Platinum Collection at Borders, and their entire Elvis section was empty, with the exception of the Love Songs cd. I then went to Best Buy, and they didn't have ANY Elvis at all. So, what gives? And, why with the 25th anniversary of his death, would RCA pick now to delete all his titles? I'm glad I picked up the 3 box sets that came out about 5, or 6 years ago covering all his masters from the 50's to the 70's, because I don't see these titles either. It makes no sense to me, unless there is some grand reissue program about to start up with the release of the 30 number 1 hits cd which is to come out shortly. Guess I should grab the Vegas box, and the new box of unreleased tracks before they disappear too.

2. RDK

RDK Active Member

I recently read somewhere that RCA was gonna cut back to "only" about 50 Elvis titles in their catalog in an effort to get rid of some of the confusing, redundent reissues.

btw, I think the lack of Elvis discs in the stores hasn't anything to do with any deletions, but due to all the Elvis hype this past week. In other words, I think the shortage is because the King sold a lot of ceedees this past weekend!

Ray

3. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Great avatar, RDK... I haven't seen Frankenstein Jr. for years...!

The question is: do you have The Impossibles? :D

-Kevin

4. RDK

RDK Active Member

Hey Kevin,

The Impossibles show up every once in a while on Boomerang or 'Toon Network. Cool characters!

I do have some small keychain-sized "action figures" of the Impossibles that came out in Japan a year or so ago. Apparently they're very big over there!

Ray

5. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Yeah-- the H-B stuff has gone through a big cycle of popularity over there.

When I was there last, in 1994, the Wacky Races was just being re-aired on TV, and the country was crawling with Japanglish-captioned merchandise bearing their likenesses.

At the time, I just shook my head, but I've since come to respect the power of marketing with the US "Scooby-Doo" renaissance... if they can sell that, they can sell just about anything!!

-Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.