Elvis Presley: The Album Collection - 60th anniversary of Elvis' RCA contract (18th March 2016)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MEMPHISSUN, Aug 14, 2015.

1. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just received this Box set as a Bday present. Came from Ebay seller Imagine_Enterprises_2008, advertised as USA MADE/SHIPPED. Is this an originsl box set? I noticed a few thing that look odd. The book cover just has a picture of Elvis, no title printed on the front cover as shown in advertising photos for the box set. Also, the printed labels on the CDs look off too, for Elvis, CD label look dull compared to original nipper vinyl label. Also, I thought this set was made in EU, so what is the Made USA one. Discogs only lists the Made in EU one. CDs sound fine.

Here is link to listing ob Ebay:

The RCA Album Collection Elvis Presley 60 CDs New & Sealed USA MADE/Shipped | eBay

Anybody else buy one of these USA made sets? Is it legit?

2. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

The book in my box doesn't have the title printed on the front cover either. It's made in EU.

The box should look like this.

3. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Forum Resident

I think you're good. My book cover is the same as yours. I just can't find anywhere in the set that says where it was made.

4. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

When I opened up the box, all the CDs were disorganized, i.e. Not placed in order from 01 to 60 and in various positions, not all lables shown on top. My other concern is the CD lable appear a grayish color instead of white for the lettering and the RCA dog appears grayish instead of white.

5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Mine came that way too, all disorganized. I took me an afternoon to put them in the right order.

6. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

The cardboard card that lists all the albums contained in the box set indicates that mine was made in the EU. The discs were in perfect order as well. The hardcover book does not have any writing on the front of it, but does include Elvis Presley The Album Collection on the side of the book.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

All of that here + UPC is 888751145627

8. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Nipper and RCA Victor was not white on the label until very late 1964.

9. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

If the CDs are disorganized, it is a bootleg set. Everything that I’ve read everywhere, and all of the unboxing videos I’ve seen, have the CDs in proper order.

10. SKATTERBRANE

A whole afternoon to organize 60 NUMBERED discs? It should have taken maybe 10 minutes at most.

Man at C&A and clhboa like this.
  11. SKATTERBRANE

Ha, ha, I guess the bootleggers didn't want to take a whole afternoon to organize the discs.

12. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Not if one is savouring the experience...
    or blindfolded! :winkgrin:

Man at C&A and clhboa like this.
  13. SKATTERBRANE

Or if one is wondering why Fun In Acapulco with its lower catalog number ends up being released AFTER Golden Records Vol 3.

14. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Forum Resident

I went and found the card that stated the contents. It said Made in EU. I actually don't know if it was legitimately made in the US. Real sorry if you did happen to get a boot. If so, sounds like the person got a hold of some boots, decided to flip them and priced them where someone wouldn't suspect.

15. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Yeah, mine says Made in EU on the bottom of the box too. Thats what makes me think this is a boot. I have not found any mention of a made in USA box any where on line. Just want to confirm its a boot before I request a refund from the seller.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  16. Check the seller's feedback and the other items he lists. Most counterfeit sellers carry other obvious, heavily bootlegged releases. If not, it may not be a bootleg.

17. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

It seems weird that your discs are all over the place.

clhboa likes this.
  18. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

My copy of the book has just the photo of Elvis on the front. The link to the Discogs page shows a photo of the book with writing on the front.
    Elvis Presley - The Album Collection

I looked at the sellers feedback and store. I buy most of my stuff (music) on line. I would be suspicious of this site but the Elvis box price is very high for a counterfeit. Amazon USA has this box for $192 with 12 in stock at this time.

19. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

I sent a grumpy email to .co.uk asking why it still hadn’t shipped after 4 days and the customer service rep has removed shipping and upgraded it to express shipping, due Thursday. Good stuff. Comes out at current rates at $164ish all told.

Electric Sydney and billnunan like this.
  20. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Got my set yesterday. It is a beaut! Can't wait to dig in.

FYI: My CDs were in the correct order.

21. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Same here - CD's all in proper order. Box was ordered from Barnes & Noble a few years back, when they ran a sale.

22. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Enjoy

deadbirdie likes this.
  23. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I’m enjoying this set, but there are some bad songs on so many of the movie cds. I know Elvis could make a symphony of farts sound great, but so many of these tunes are truly awful. How about Old McDonald. Seriously???

24. SKATTERBRANE

I am surprised you are surprised.

25. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I never previously owned any of these records