Elvis Presley: The Ed Sullivan Shows - November 21, 2006!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff Thread Starter

Talk about delayed gratification... :D

-Kevin

2. Bradfinger

Bradfinger Forum Resident

Got this from Amazon.com today, and all I can say is "wow!". Kevin, I am so impressed with what you were able to do with this.

Some of this looks so much like video tape it's scary! I know you are limited as to your source material, and can only work with what you have.

I would point out the Patti Page clip where she intros the next episode. I had to look at it twice, as I was convinced it was from video tape.

I'd love for you to get ahold of some of the Town Hall Party stuff, and the Hullabaloo kines.

GREAT stuff Kevin!

3. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I have no idea what it takes to restore something like this but I just think this is AMAZING stuff. I can honestly say this is the best Elvis DVD Ive ever seen bar none.:goodie:

I wasnt even born when Elvis hit big or was on Sullivan so this is like opening King Tuts tomb or something for me ( or King Eds Tomb:p ) Elvis looks spectacular in this footage.Its fun to watch how he looks more and more confident as the dates move on. By the last one with the gold vest he looks plum threatening. Ed just looks like he is so uncomfortable at times and then like he wants to jump in and enjoy it but is afraid to. :laugh:

I really like the one scene where Elvis finishes a song and Ed comes over and while he is saying something to the audience Elvis shakes his legs and the audience screams. There is a moment there between Elvis and Ed that is soo funny. You have to watch it to know what I mean.

I watched this film with my nephew( who is 9) and a couple of friends. Senior Whinches still holds his appeal over kids my nephew wanted to watch it and the acrobats like 5 times. This whole film took me back to a place I have never been.

What a time trip!.... many thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.