Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Trilogy" (2014) CD+DVD-A

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old school

old school Senior Member

The six disc set of BSS is awesome and the only set with a 5.1 disk and a LP.

2. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

^ The price tag for the six disc set is pretty awesome too. :(

3. old school

old school Senior Member

$78USD including shipping from Amazon UK. Worth every penny just a beautiful set!

4. gd0

:(, again. I'm sure it's nice enough.

Maybe it will show up in the used bins in ten years.

Oh, wait, I've got the old Rhino DVD-A. That'll have to do.

I took a chance on the HDtracks download, and am still bewildered with all the up-n-down levels throughout.

I really need to stop buying this title, even if it is their very best.

Trilogy's gonna require a long hard look as well, after all this mess. Too much money flying outa here.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Since I rarely listen in surround and have the DVD-Audio disc, I passed on the deluxe box of Brain Salad Surgery. The deluxe set with the stereo DVD-Audio disc was just fine for me.

6. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Amazon UK now stating a Dec 1st release date.

7. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

Just this moment had a e-mail from Amazon UK saying that the estimated arrival date has been pushed back again to 11-13th December.

8. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Was just on my way here to report the same. 2015 release maybe.......

Philip

9. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I've got email today promising Dec . 15th-19th.

10. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

Philip you're right. Amazon UK now have a release date of 2nd February 2015.

11. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Maybe EL&P have decided to listen to the new mixes before they are published so they don't need to loathe them afterwards.

12. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I hope you're right. I just cancelled my pre-order with Amazon UK and will look at this next year. Bummer as I was looking forward to this.

Scott B

13. Music Geek

I have just cancelled mine as well. Once they have a product to sell I will reconsider.

14. gd0

This rule serves me well: Never. Pre-order. Anything.

What's the point? To save $2? To be the first kid on the block?

Pointless.

It'll be there later; nothing sells out anymore.

This and Relayer can wait til next year. Maybe catch a break on $hipping.

Internet pre-release buzz is self-defeating.

heepsterandrey likes this.
  15. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Not happy that it's been delayed again ! Perhaps with the number of discs it's going to be now they wanted the orders cancelled so they could increase the price and make it more profitable !

However, I just really hope it's all about quality control and getting the content right.

16. tob

tob Forum Resident

Just received...

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Emerson Lake & Palmer "Trilogy"
    Estimated arrival date: February 09 2015 - February 13 2015

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

17. Music Geek

Maybe they are re-recording the album from scratch? With a February release date I think this re-issue is taking longer than it took for the album to come out originally after Pictures At An Exhibition! :crazy:

warp2600 likes this.
  18. Spacement Monitor

Spacement Monitor Forum Resident

Maybe they hired Kevin Shields to oversee the project. 2017 anyone?

19. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I'm disappointed it has been delayed, but I have not canceled my pre-order. For the price of £11.99 it's cheap enough, and I can't see it going lower.

Pre-ordering is good, imo. For example, I bought Tull's forthcoming War Child four disc set for £15.49, but the current price is £23.99. If the price goes down below what I've paid for it then I can cancel and recreate the order up to the shipping date. That happened with the ELP set - my first pre-order was at £14.99, but when I saw the price had gone down to £11.99 I canceled the order and created it again.

Then again, I know I'm going to want the ELP and Tull sets. There's no point in trying to fool myself I'm not worried about having it ASAP. :D

GeoffC likes this.
  20. Claus

Claus Senior Member

agreed

21. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

Maybe they need to replace whom ever is in charge of overseeing this and future ELP releases. Obviously their track record leaves much to be desired. Get your act together, put out accurate and honest information, then set the date. The "supplier" (and what ever excuses come next), need to be resolved before posting a date so consumers can expect a release when it is released. I will wait until this has been released before thinking about ordering. It better be worth the wait and the cost.

22. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Was really anticipating this release for the holidays.
    War Child and Relayer will easy the pain.

pdenny likes this.
  23. Music Geek

The other option is: pre-order everything and cancel if it is not worth it or if you change your mind.
    I pre-ordered the new Tears For Fears boxset on Amazon UK at £31.90 and now it's £45.99 which is more than $2 savings. Same for the new Depeche Mode: pre-ordered at £25.54 and now it's £37.99. I can always cancel later.

belardd likes this.
  24. smiley69

smiley69 Forum Resident

Indeed, add also the kinks anthology, king crimson's starless, springsteen remasters, REM DVDs, enough to wait till next year :)

25. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Disappointing as I am anxious to hear it in 5.1 (and whatever else they've added to the set) but it's not the end of the world. I've no issue with doing a pre-order when I see something at a really good price, especially when from a place that does not charge until shipment leaves (as all places *should* do imho!) - if I paid up front I might be a little irked at a couple months delay.

It's been a pretty decent year for 5.1 stuff - my XTC Drums & Wires just landed at my door 5 minutes ago, and my Starless KC box is on the way....I'm sure I'll be keeping myself busy enough for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.