Emotiva XPA-7

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by slovell, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark Thread Starter

Thinking about replacing my Adcom 5500 and 7000 with an Emotiva XPA-7. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks, Sam

2. BuddhaBob

BuddhaBob Forum Resident

Although I don't have an XPA-7 I wouldn't mind having one. A few comments about Emotiva quality...
    I have both a DC-1 DAC and a USP-1 Preamp. Very pleased with the overall quality and sound. The headphone amps in the DAC kick butt. My only real complaint being that it seems none of their products with a "tape monitor" actually have a true tape monitor. You can't listen to the 3rd head of a R2R or cassette machine and compare to the source while you record. I realize that for many this is not an issue at all, but it drove me bonkers until I figured it out and then confirmed it on one of their forums.

Their remotes are built like a tank and laid out well, plus work from a huge distance. They also have robust power cords, provide decent quality USB cables with their DAC, etc. Things they don't absolutely have to do but nice that they do.

SandAndGlass and c-eling like this.
  3. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

I use four of their mono UPA-1 amps, very very nice. Used to run a XDA-1, again very very nice. The "X" line of stuff is the next step up.

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Going on 4 years of happiness with my UPA-200, barely breaks a sweat, That XPA-7 looks like one hell of a beast!
    Emotiva has a great return policy if your not satisfied :cheers:

5. slovell

500 watts in two channel is definitely beast mode especially with a pair of Klipsch KLF-20's. :evil:

6. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam

I've dealt with Emotiva before. Their return policy is excellent. So if you end up not liking the amp, you can send it back. You can't lose.

BuddhaBob likes this.
  7. MadCajun

MadCajun Forum Resident

I've been using an XPA-2 Gen 2 for a year and a half, and I'm very happy with it. I've had no issues and it works as described.

8. Darksolstice

Darksolstice Forum Resident

I have a XSP-1 preamp and 2 XPA-1L monoblock amps , I highly recommend Emotiva !

9. slovell

What do they sound like, particularly with music?

10. Darksolstice

Darksolstice Forum Resident

very detailed sound, playing something like the Doobie Brothers Takin' It to the Streets the sound is absolutely stunning. even at high levels the sound is crystal clear.

11. ejman

ejman Music, fountain of life!

I use 2 Emotiva UPA 1 monoblocks with a USP1 preamp and my ancient Magneplanar I Imp speakers. The speakers complement very nicely the detailed somewhat brighter sound of the Emotivas so that the combination is the best sound I've heard from the these particular Maggies.

Darksolstice and BuddhaBob like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.