Enterprise series?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kevintomb, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

My wife loves the show and we are watching them currently, 2 episodes a night. We were out of town visiting friends last week and she said she missed the show a lot. Neither of us like the theme song though (the 4th season version was a slight improvement)

2. I bought all four series on DVD recently. I am watching Season 3 at the moment. Enterprise originally screened on a TV channel that was unavailable to me so I completely missed the show when it was on. I'm loving it. :)

scobb likes this.
  3. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

image.jpg

4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

"Effectively FIGHTS Stains?" I thought the Vulcans were a peaceful race...

benjaminhuf likes this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I was "trekked out" when the series was on, but have been watching on Amazon prime over the past year. I agree with most of the assessments; other than the Dr. Phlox and Archer, the characters aren't interesting. The show does pick up in the final seasons, and it's a shame they weren't given another few seasons. I'm a first generation Trekkie, and the technology not matching Kirk's Enterprise never bothered me.

IronWaffle likes this.
  6. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Just started watching it for the first time on Amazon Prime. I'm enjoying it, feels like Star Trek. I seem to be in the minority but I like the characters.

Lucidae and xdawg like this.
  7. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Like other Star Trek series before it, Enterprise got off to a rocky start but gradually it found its mojo, albeit a bit too late to save itself.
    Unlike some other prequels/reboots that shall not be named, ENT for the most part stayed true to the lore and didn't try to re-invent the wheel.
    That being said, I think we're overdue for another Trek series, hopefully following the events of Voyager.

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Except for all the wheel reinventing and undermining of TOS canon. But it's all moot anyway because it was all a dream (ie, simulation). Enough said!

9. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

They were always going to step on some feet, so to speak, that was unavoidable... but all things considered it turned out OK. You're right, the final episode kinda spoiled it though.

10. pescholl

pescholl Active Member

I watch the series from time to time and I always skip the last episode. I think the way the second to last episode ends is a perfect bitter-sweet ending for the series.

11. progrocker71

I finished season one of the show and enjoyed it for the most part. However, one complaint I have is how similar many of the episodes are to stories already seen in the other series. I kept having deja vu throughout the season, some episodes seem like slightly re-written variations of Next Generation episodes. There is a definite feeling of "playing it safe".

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Keep going. Season 2 (towards the end) and season 3 are excellent.

13. progrocker71

A little over halfway through season 2. It's entertaining, though the problem of recycling scripts from previous shows is still plainly in evidence. One of the highlights of the series has been Jeffrey Combs as the lead Andorian, Tran. I've been a fan of his since seeing The Re-Animator when I was a teenager.

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Supposedly, Tran was going to join the crew in season 5. That would have made for some interesting conflicts.

15. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Umm, I think that's Shran.

Harry

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  16. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I enjoyed the series when it was originally aired and bought it on DVD. I thought about upgrading it to BD, but the reviews claim it's not much of an improvement.

17. I have the Blurays and I concur. Season 1 and 2 are pretty poor on both DVD and Bluray. Season 3 and 4 are much better but if you have the DVD's the Blurays are not really worth the upgarde IMO.

5th-beatle likes this.
  18. progrocker71

Finished up the series yesterday, was home sick from work and spent the entire day binging my way through season 4.

I agree with everybody that said seasons 3 & 4 were a major improvement, they were. A much more confident show is evident from the very first episode of season 3. I enjoyed this series more than either Voyager or Deep Space Nine. A shame it was cancelled so soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.