ER: How many times will Dr. Romano be attacked by a helicopter?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dan C, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

I guess tonight was the last time since he was smooshed. I was half expecting him to somehow miraculously survive, maybe by ducking into an open manhole or something.
    Pretty ugly show tonight. Manipulative, predictable, hard to believe plot twists. Put a fork in ER, it's done. :rolleyes:

Dan C

2. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Did it officially jump the shark tonight, or has it been on a decline for some time?

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

oh ER's been running on fumes for a few years now.

when they started bringing back actors who had left years before (like Stringfield) and just throw them right back into the mix is when this show jumped the shark.

4. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Romano was the only interesting character left. The others are just so dull... especially Dr. Corday (sp?). Snore!!!

5. ratskrad

ratskrad Senior Member

I would of preferred to see Cary Weaver get taken out by the helicopter. I always looked forward to Dr. Romano's confrontations with the other doctors. Yes he was a jerk but that was his right. I guess at the end we saw the return of Dr. Carter. I do kind of like the new nurse Sam or I should say Velma from Scooby Doo.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Or the sister from Freaks and Geeks.

7. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

ER is way to stressful for me to be watching it at 10PM at night before I go to bed. I saw for about 2 minutes and thatb was enough for me. Way too much stuff going on.

8. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

I thought (as did my wife) that last night's show was absolutely great! I guess I was watching a different show than the rest of you! No jumped sharks sighted here!

9. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

A friend here at work thought the show was awesome. I didn't. I will admit that it kept me interested, but I was still left feeling crappy at the end. It's just gone too far, it's a cartoon. And Dr. Romano was my favorite character, the rest are boring and one dimensional.

I NEVER liked the Dr. Luka Kovac character. He's been a relentless afterthought since his first appearance.

Dan C

10. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I thought last night's show was above average. As for Dr Romano getting attacked by a helicopter again, it'll be an episode dedicated to abuse of a corpse.

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Ditto for me! He was perhaps the most politically incorrect, nasty character on TV today. His was the kind of character you watched the show just to see, like when audiences tuned in to "All In The Family" just to see what Archie Bunker would say next.

They tried too hard to soften up ER for female audiences, I think. Too many lame personal dramas. The show is about a a major city ER, so let's get it back to the ER! I watch ER to see the medical stuff, like I did with Emergency. I want to see the blood and gore. I want to see the crazy things that happen in an ER, not some doctor's smooching in bed at home.

12. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I don't think the writers know what to do with him. It's like he changes personality three times in one episode.

Anytime you have such character inconsistencies, it usually means the show's writers and producers keep changing. It also means too many directives from the network brass. Can you say, "micro-management"?

No matter what the problem with ER today, they need to go back to the first two or three seasons to remember what it was that made it the top-rated show.

13. BZync

BZync Senior Member

About two years or so ago, they aired an episode in which a woman hadn't gotten her child vaccinated due to concerns about a possible link between vaccinations and autism. Of course her child dies.

I was hoping for a balanced argument of both sides of the issue (especially that there are visible "Cure Autism Now" posters on the walls of the ER). Pretty controversial stuff - just the thing that ER could do well. Instead, every doctor on the show treated her like she was insane.

I also noticed commericals for a brand new vaccine during the breaks.

The whole thing was so heavy handed and one sided that I couldn't bring myself to watch the show again. That was the first and only time I ever wrote to a network.

Two years down the line I feel almost silly for allowing a TV show to get me so upset, but it hit me pretty hard at the time.

-BZync

14. RDK

RDK Active Member

I think the helicopter's name is "Bruce."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.