Eric Clapton records with The Rolling Stones on their new blues album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by crossroads69, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

What, you don't think it smells like caviar?:p

telepicker97 and DTK like this.
  2. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Finger pie? Haha...nah :).

3. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Looking forward to this. Liked ABB but this time they seem determined to create something good.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  4. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

The blues covers album should be out on December 2, 2016. All of the songs recorded live within 48 hours. No overdubs. Should be great.

5. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Oh God yes.

ohnothimagen and Bowie Fett like this.
  6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I am looking more forward to this than a new album of originals.

7. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

New stuff coming next year. An album? A hits collection with new material (it'll be their 55th Anniversary)? We'll see...

8. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Well, Don Was has stated that there was already a full album worth of outtakes from the past 3 albums, so they probably only had to write a couple new things and finish up a few of the unfinished things already in the can to put together a really awesome 39 min of music.

Bowie Fett likes this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Supposedly that are going to release a new album of originals next year. There have also been rumors that the Paris 1976 show will be released from the vaults. Some material from these shows appears on Love You Live and video exists. In addition, there have also been rumors of Super Deluxe Editions for Goats Head Soup and Tattoo You. They also have not released physical copies of the Sticky Fingers show yet.

Jonboy, telepicker97 and Bowie Fett like this.
  10. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

11. Lloyd

Lloyd Forum Resident

It is a Stones record so I'll probably buy it, but Clapton does nothing to excite me. Maybe Clapton/Keith collaboration would be better. Much prefer to hear Mick Taylor.

Zoot Marimba, John Fell and Dave Hoos like this.
  12. Ophelia

Ophelia Forum Resident

Can't go and hurt Keith's fragile ego like that. Keith would rather most people forget the Brian Jones and Taylor eras ever happened.

Dave Hoos and John Fell like this.
  13. Ophelia

Ophelia Forum Resident

It's truly been productive, hasn't it? He's gotten them to release a sum total of three albums in 22 years since he became the producer.

14. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

And all three of them are overlong and include too many mediocre songs.

15. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

So, guys, the only posters on this thread are the Mick Taylor and Brian Jones fans dissing Mick and Keith. C'mon. We all know the ex-guitar players were great but what's that got to do with this thread? Maybe there'll be some cool stuff on this.

16. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The old guys have to posture that they "were there" when Brian Jones and Mick Taylor happened. Just boomer nascissism.

17. Ophelia

Ophelia Forum Resident

I'm no Boomer and I think the Mick and Keith act got tired many a decade ago. Especially Keith who I think genuinely believes his own press and thinks he's Jack Sparrow personified nowadays. Brian might not have been a songwriter, but he had more soul and integrity than Keith ever could have. Not only that, but the post 1989 Stones corporate entity has been quite a bore. And very unproductive.

budwhite likes this.
  18. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

None of that has anything to do with this current thread, but carry on.

19. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]

Quote from Don Was - The album contains Chicago blues covers. They were recorded live in studio in 3 days with musicians in circle around the mics, no edit on songs, You can hear Watts drums thru Jagger mic. Record sounds raw, very authentic. Captures the essence of what they are.

I don't know the significance of this if any but the Stones have changed their lips/tongue logo from red to blue on their official web site.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  20. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I immediately assumed it was in reference to "the blues."

21. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

22. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Don Was seems like a cool guy, but he doesn't exactly specialize in making exciting records. I wish the Stones would work with someone who can light a fire. I like the idea of a Rolling Stones blues record but I expect this will sound smooth even and polished like 1989. And I don't mean the Taylor Swift album.

yellowballoon likes this.
  23. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Your loss. Says a lot.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  24. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

What nonesense. Mick and Keith had the mojo for decades and were the driving force. Without them, the other members would still be playing clubs. Clue: Look were Taylor went after he left. And stop that Brian Jones-worship. "Soul" in what? Taking drugs?

mbrownp1, Matheusms and Carserguev like this.
  25. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

I don't think I've bought a "new" Stones album since Tattoo You, but I would probably buy this one.

krlpuretone and John Fell like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.