Erroll Garner Collection

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NoTinEar, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoTinEar

NoTinEar Suspended Thread Starter

Just picked up Vol2 of this series and I am very impressed with it. Anyone now how many vol there were in the series and anywhere to get them? The usual suspects didn't seem to have any listings for it. Thanks..

2. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Thanks Notinear, I don't know about them and will check it out. Speaking of Garner, I Just looked on the Jazzmatazz new release page
    http://home.att.net/~lankina/jazz/upcomingcds.html
    and was surprised to find a remastered (I'm assuming) "Concert by the Sea" on it for release in 2003. I had heard the masters on this were lost. Looking forward to hearing it. (Even with its poor audio quality its still one of my favorite CD's.)

BTW. Big thanks again for alerting us to the Clifford Brown Import CD's on sale at Tower a few months back. Picked up 10 of them for an incredibly low price and love 'em.

3. NoTinEar

NoTinEar Suspended Thread Starter

I am glad you liked those, you never let me know if you did or not and now i do. They are treasure for those who love Clifford's music. From the research i have been able to do their seem to be four volumes to this series. If you have any luck finding them please email me or PM me and let me know where you get them/got them. Thanks so much. Also thanks for the tip on that other reissue coming, I too thought the master tapes had been lost or at least that is what they said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.